Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Campaign Query
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  04:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sirreus, don't read this topic!

I hit a snag while developing my upcoming campaign. It's mostly set in Chult and that part I've got pretty well mapped out. The basic premise is that Ras T'fima is missing, the Rundeem Consortium has started capturing the tabaxi outside of Mezro and selling them as slaves, and Ras Nsi has stepped up his attacks on outsiders in Chult which has increased tensions between Nsi and the other barae of Mezro. Once in Chult, the PCs task will be to find out what happened to T'fima and uncover other plot points along the way. I've decided I want to include some seafaring adventures and thought about beginning the campaign in Innarlith and then having the PCs work their way to Chult. My problem is coming up with a hook to get them from Innarlith to Chult. My initial thought is to use the nagas associated with Ivar Devorast to have some knowledge of the unfolding events in Chult through contact with nagas from that region. Is that too much of a stretch? Does anyone have a better idea?

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  04:53:29  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps they find a Noble (or at least Rich person) of Chult, that offers great reward for assisting back to home.

Accuse or convict of a crime,if accused evidence of innocence is in Chult, if convicted they are oredered to quest for something in Chult. There though is a downside of this as the party would need to leave somebody or some thing hostage (perhaps a dear NPC friend or most powerful magic item from each PC so they have a reason to want to return).

Of course if in need of major clerical spell, payment could require a quest as well.

There can always be the sudden storm that drives a ship in the direction of Chult, but there is not much of a hook unless rescued by somebody that offers an idea.

Dream vissions of course can be another way you might hook them. Dreams offering great riches, power, love etc.

Just a few ideas for you to consider *G*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  05:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Dream vissions of course can be another way you might hook them. Dreams offering great riches, power, love etc.

Hmmm... One of the PCs is a Disciple of the Phoenix, perhaps a sending from a high-level cleric of Kossuth. I'm thinking maybe the recent weakening of their power base in Thay (after the events of Unclean) has forced the church to seek new sources of power, maybe a relic of some sort to be found in the Peaks of Flame.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000