Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Looking for all about Daggerdale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  01:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, fellow scribes.

Seeing the topic of Ergdusch, about his cormyrean campaign (and realizing that this is a good idea), I came to here to make my gathering of material, too.

I am planing to run my family campaing in the Dales (to be more focused, in Daggerdale, with some trips do Shadowdale).

I already have FRCS of 2nd. and 3rd. edition. I also have the Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, and already make a search in Ed answers here in the keep, gathering related material. And I have the daggerdale trilogy module, and Doom of Daggerdale, too.

Now, what other sources could you think of that will provide me with additional infos?

On a side note, I pretend to start the campaign with the adventure under the twisted tower that came in the 2nd edition FRCS. After this, I pretend to run Doom of Daggerdale, and after this, start my personal plot.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  01:47:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Eric said something a while back about picking up some tidbits regarding the current state of Daggerdale from the few details spread through both his "Cormanthyr" article in DRAGON #354 and the Shadowdale module.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  01:50:28  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sage. I have the Dragon #354, and will re-read it! Now, I don't buy yet the new Shadowdale module.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  04:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FRS1 The Dalelands has some content not in the Volo's Guide; Cloak of Shadows, Shadows of Doom, and a scene in Stormlight give valuable looks at Daggerdale's wild lands; City of the Spider Queen shows us Dordrien in the Dagger Hills, and Drizzt Do’Urden’s Guide to the Underdark secrets of the Worldwatcher's Tower.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  08:13:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a list of Official Resources I found on the internet (compare here). A very good site it seems, on the first quick glance.

Box Sets:
- The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, 1st-Edition
- The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, 2nd-Edition

Supplements:
- The Dalelands
- Volo's Guide to the Dalelands

Novels:
- Cloak of Shadows
- All Shadows Fled
- Finder's Bane

Adventures:
- The Doom of Daggerdale (DoD)
- The Sword of the Dales Trilogy
1. The Sword of the Dales (SotD)
2. The Secret of Spiderhaunt (SoS)
3. The Return of Randal Morn (RoRM)
- City of the Spider Queen (added this to the list myself)

I also seem to remember that the adventure trilogy "Marco Volo" ends in Daggerdale. Don't have my books close to hand, so I cannot varify that right now.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 14 Sep 2007 08:37:30
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  08:26:24  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also mentioned on that site is an adventure hook by Eric Boyd:

Realmspeak Teasers: Adventure Hooks for the Daggerdale Region. Could not find that one. Maybe Eric himself can show us the way to that peace of lore?!?!

Anyhow, an adventure hook close to the Daggerdale region can be found here.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 14 Sep 2007 08:29:56
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  17:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ergdusch and Faraer! I will organize my material and see what I have, and prepare to gather the tomes I don't have.

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  20:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been running my current campaign out of Daggerdale, I've put together various bits and pieces of my own devising, but I'm willing to share if you're interested.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  00:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if Moradin isn't interested in your material, others of us are. Post away.

I ran a 3.0 version of the campaign that Moradin is describing, although I streched out the campaign by adding a revised version of the "Sword of the Dales saga to it after the Doom module. I fleshed out a bunch of material on the Brightblade clan of dwarves and on the Freedom Riders organization. I'll try and find the files and post them here.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  01:52:34  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

Even if Moradin isn't interested in your material, others of us are. Post away.

I ran a 3.0 version of the campaign that Moradin is describing, although I streched out the campaign by adding a revised version of the "Sword of the Dales saga to it after the Doom module. I fleshed out a bunch of material on the Brightblade clan of dwarves and on the Freedom Riders organization. I'll try and find the files and post them here.

After re-read the Sword of the Dales trilogy today, I'm tempted to do the same thing, Halidan! Hmm, I can make use of dwarven stuff, of course.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  01:54:26  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

I've been running my current campaign out of Daggerdale, I've put together various bits and pieces of my own devising, but I'm willing to share if you're interested.

Hi Reefy. Well, like all Candlekeep monk, I'm eager to see new lore.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000