Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 D&D 4e Discussion Scroll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

lycurgus33
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:11:19  Show Profile  Visit lycurgus33's Homepage Send lycurgus33 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
For the scenery? "And on the left, you can see the torture chambers of Mad King Hoozebain. It's not known how many innocents died here, but rumor has it that this is the most haunted area for several days' travel in any direction. Ooh, look! Here comes one of the tortured spirits now!"

Is there a King Hoozbain's gift shop at the end of the tour?

I'd also like to ask the designers how to equate a peasant working with near medieval technology plowing and farming fields with the points of light concept. Or how cities would get a reliable supply of food from these so-called unreliable and oft-times closed roads. Or why any city with a half-decent military would put up with that.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think that this concept is good...if it be handled well... but, until now, in the part of rules, I donīt have nothing to complain concerning the designers.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  02:21:50  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lycurgus33

I'd also like to ask the designers how to equate a peasant working with near medieval technology plowing and farming fields with the points of light concept. Or how cities would get a reliable supply of food from these so-called unreliable and oft-times closed roads. Or why any city with a half-decent military would put up with that.

Well Design has said Realms would not be totally reduced to points of light, just events would make it closer to points of light then now.

As for economy of the Realms or in general D&D it was always broken. Waterdeep never had enough farmland to feed the people, though of course food could be traded for to make up for lack of farmland.

Odds are there will remain some roads open, clearly it sounds like citystates will become points of light (or darkness) where the Guard would be protecting the farmers and the farming land.

I built a model some time ago for Kentinal on how it could work, based in part on limited D&D rules for realm building and in part on history.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  20:37:57  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

I'd like to see magic-users being able to use anything they want as a focus for their special powers

I can see some kind of feat (or whatever feats will be called) similar somatic weaponry that would let you "align" some other kind of object to work as an implement. Thus, a polearm might be able to replace a staff, or a dagger replace a wand, etc... The mage might have to specially prepare a new object whenever he wants to trade them out or something.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  05:01:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to Chris Perkins blog, which can be viewed here-

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=14049296#post14049296

The highlight, IMHO -

quote:
Posted by Chris Perkins, lead designer of FR 4e
(1) It's a D&D campaign setting and an FR campaign setting. It feels like FR, but also it uses 4E game mechanics and incorporates all 4E races and classes. The Spellplague and its effects on the world enable us to integrate new 4E mechanics and world elements into the setting in a manner that doesn't require us to ignore canon or rewrite history. Large parts of the world won't be affected horribly. We're not going to destroy Cormyr, level Waterdeep, or blow up Silverymoon, for instance. We like these places as much as anyone. However, there are some parts of the world that aren't quite so beloved and don't have much happening in or around them. Many of these areas are likely to undergo some level of change.

Accent mine - it appears that FR IS going to be core now, and if the Warforged show up in the PHB, then FR will have them as well in 4e.

Perhaps not a brand new setting, but it sounds like the times, they are a changin'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Oct 2007 05:02:34
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  05:35:22  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

According to Chris Perkins blog, which can be viewed here-

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=14049296#post14049296

The highlight, IMHO -

quote:
Posted by Chris Perkins, lead designer of FR 4e
(1) It's a D&D campaign setting and an FR campaign setting. It feels like FR, but also it uses 4E game mechanics and incorporates all 4E races and classes. The Spellplague and its effects on the world enable us to integrate new 4E mechanics and world elements into the setting in a manner that doesn't require us to ignore canon or rewrite history. Large parts of the world won't be affected horribly. We're not going to destroy Cormyr, level Waterdeep, or blow up Silverymoon, for instance. We like these places as much as anyone. However, there are some parts of the world that aren't quite so beloved and don't have much happening in or around them. Many of these areas are likely to undergo some level of change.

Accent mine - it appears that FR IS going to be core now, and if the Warforged show up in the PHB, then FR will have them as well in 4e.

Perhaps not a brand new setting, but it sounds like the times, they are a changin'.

I don't see warforged appearing in the Realms...I mean there was the one in the GHotR...but I'm hoping it isn't so!

I can see eladrin and tiefling...but not warforged...they are too campaign specific of a race.

I can only hope...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  05:43:02  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A blending of two worlds, that can mean much or little.

Elves changed, new races common in the realms, new classes and the posible extintion of an entire race as well.

But do not worry, we will love the changes that FR design team is going to offer us. We have their promise that we will be pleased. This by some *glances at Code of Conduct, then decides to write no more*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  17:28:49  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"However, I believe the Spellplague is a very elegant way to merge the current campaign setting with 4E. " - Chris Perkins

Elegant ... like a jackhammer ! :D
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  18:13:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's a Golden diamond-studded Jackhammer.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  19:13:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion
This is from Chris Thomasson's Blog:
quote:

Last thought: Today's playtest made me realize something. Our design, development, and editing teams rock. I've played every iteration of 4th Edition. I can easily say, this is the best, by far. Every class did something cool, on every round. And each class approached the game in a different way. The paladin was exacting divine retribution, the ranger was blasting the crap out of stuff with his bow, and the wizard was blowing bad guys up with very cool spells (and that damn sleep spell). It felt just like D&D should. Oh, and the monster stat blocks? Cake. My round to round management was incredibly easy, and each monster had something interesting to do, without burdening me with useless information.

How annoying.

I would laugh, but it's not that funny.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  19:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak
Perhaps I am just old fashioned, I was raised in a strict household. I eat what is put on my plate. I will find a way to have fun playing 4ed.

Well, different strokes for different folks. I used to eat what was put on my plate, but lately I've found it more interesting (and liberating) to cook my own meals.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  20:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

"However, I believe the Spellplague is a very elegant way to merge the current campaign setting with 4E. " - Chris Perkins

Elegant ... like a jackhammer ! :D

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Maybe it's a Golden diamond-studded Jackhammer.

I just hope they pull out the chisel, smooth out the edges and make it pretty again before the 4e FRCG is published. It may be a vain hope.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  20:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dalor_darden

I can see eladrin and tiefling...but not warforged...they are too campaign specific of a race.

I doubt that will stop WotC.

Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  23:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion
This is from Chris Thomasson's Blog:
quote:

Last thought: Today's playtest made me realize something. Our design, development, and editing teams rock. I've played every iteration of 4th Edition. I can easily say, this is the best, by far. Every class did something cool, on every round. And each class approached the game in a different way. The paladin was exacting divine retribution, the ranger was blasting the crap out of stuff with his bow, and the wizard was blowing bad guys up with very cool spells (and that damn sleep spell). It felt just like D&D should. Oh, and the monster stat blocks? Cake. My round to round management was incredibly easy, and each monster had something interesting to do, without burdening me with useless information.

How annoying.

I would laugh, but it's not that funny.

How can you say this is annoying ? IT ROCKS! The monsters do exactly what they should do... just fall over dead whenever a PC does anything! COOL!! Those monsters are interesting!

And only 10 encounters like that to reach the next level! Cool! Rockin'! <insert random market banter here>

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  01:46:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I doubt that will stop WotC.
I stand corrected - Rich Bakar said in his latest Ask the Designers thread entry at WotC that the Warforged will NOT be in 4e FR.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=14052953&postcount=764

Ergo, one can surmise that they will not be in the new PHB - probably have to save something for the Eberron CG.

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Oct 2007 01:47:17
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  02:08:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mkhaiwati
How can you say this is annoying ? IT ROCKS! The monsters do exactly what they should do... just fall over dead whenever a PC does anything! COOL!! Those monsters are interesting!

And only 10 encounters like that to reach the next level! Cool! Rockin'! <insert random market banter here>

Ya know, you're right, that's so totally cool and interesting! Because I guess in the end that's all that really matters--having characters that ROCK and making sure the whole setting is all about them. Why play at all if some characters in the setting are better than your character? That's not cool.

Markus: yeah, I saw that bit about the warforged. But what if they are a similar type of creature, only called "bloodforged" or something?

Go to Top of Page

Aewrik
Seeker

80 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  03:48:30  Show Profile Send Aewrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ya know, you're right, that's so totally cool and interesting! Because I guess in the end that's all that really matters--having characters that ROCK and making sure the whole setting is all about them. Why play at all if some characters in the setting are better than your character? That's not cool.

Heh... y'know, if the PCs are the strongest and coolest characters in the setting, I think they'd face a certain lack of opposition. I mean, half of all the hostile creatures in FR got character levels in 3e.

I don't have the energy to get into this debate, but just think of how it is in Star Wars, LotR or any other heroic movie. The main characters are never the strongest ones in the movie.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  03:59:40  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well one of the play testing DMs complains has not killed a PC yet, but is working on trying to do so.

D&D was not designed to be DM vs. PCs but at least one DM talks about that is the type of play intended. *shrugs*

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  04:43:13  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well one of the play testing DMs complains has not killed a PC yet, but is working on trying to do so.

D&D was not designed to be DM vs. PCs but at least one DM talks about that is the type of play intended. *shrugs*

D&D was always designed as a DM vs Players game.

(At a poker's night with friends level I would add)

Edit : Hundreds of playing group drifting it in a different way don't change that fact.

Edited by - Skeptic on 12 Oct 2007 04:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  05:35:35  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

D&D was always designed as a DM vs Players game.

(At a poker's night with friends level I would add)

Edit : Hundreds of playing group drifting it in a different way don't change that fact.

*bangs head*

Perhaps ask Ed if he agrees with you.

Where I grew up in the game the DM set the stage with rewards and risks. The PCs either though luck ad/or skill (or lack of it) suceeded or failed. The DM is not suspose to be there to kill the PCs or even cause them to fail. If that was the design the DM could win every time.

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  05:44:48  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Perhaps ask Ed if he agrees with you.

You didn't see my edit note? Playing groups drifting the game in another direction doesn't change the design basis.

quote:
Where I grew up in the game the DM set the stage with rewards and risks. The PCs either though luck ad/or skill (or lack of it) suceeded or failed. The DM is not suspose to be there to kill the PCs or even cause them to fail. If that was the design the DM could win every time.

Yeah the DM can win every time, however, doing it would be cheating*, so in reality he can't.

The DM must set up sounds challenges and gives rewards accordingly.

If the players can't come up with a good enough (including luck) strategy to beat an appropriate challenge, they partialy (no XP, no advancement) or completly (TPK) fail to win.

Of course, like many groups (including Ed's) you can use the D&D combat system and play a completly different game, but that's not the point here.

* e.g. asking a 1st-level party to fight an adult red dragon.

Edited by - Skeptic on 12 Oct 2007 05:53:12
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:19:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sigh. I do believe that the mods have asked that this argument about what D&D is or is not designed to do to not continue, so I wonder why do you ignore them?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:25:10  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Sigh. I do believe that the mods have asked that this argument about what D&D is or is not designed to do to not continue, so I wonder why do you ignore them?

Hmm maybe because it directly answers the post of the previous poster ?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:27:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

Hmm maybe because it directly answers the post of the previous poster ?

And yet, you have already been given one post from a mod asking for you to please knock it off. You're posts makes it sound as if the rest of us are not playing D&D, which is not the case. Fine you believe D&D is that way but it's not the truth for all of us. So please follow what the mods requested and end this debate. It's tiresome and insulting to those of us who you keep going, "You're not playing D&D, so go find a new RPG." That is so far off the mark that it's an annoyance.

And for the record, D&D does not always have to be a DM vs. Player game but if that is how you run it, great, but there is no set in stone way to run a D&D game. So please stop making it sound as if there is only one way to play D&D and if we aren't playing that way then we, according to you, aren't actually playing D&D.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Oct 2007 06:35:08
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:41:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

Skeptic, we've been down this road already. Kindly refrain from bringing this particular issue up. If you want to discuss it with specific scribes, I would suggest you handle the issue of experimenting with alternative RPG systems, in PMs.

Thank you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Oct 2007 06:44:57
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:47:08  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And yet, you have already been given one post from a mod asking for you to please knock it off. You're posts makes it sound as if the rest of us are not playing D&D, which is not the case. Fine you believe D&D is that way but it's not the truth for all of us. So please follow what the mods requested and end this debate. It's tiresome and insulting to those of us who you keep going, "You're not playing D&D, so go find a new RPG." That is so far off the mark that it's an annoyance.

And for the record, D&D does not always have to be a DM vs. Player game but if that is how you run it, great, but there is no set in stone way to run a D&D game. So please stop making it sound as if there is only one way to play D&D and if we aren't playing that way then we, according to you, aren't actually playing D&D.

Okay, I'll try another time...

There is a official D&D game that is written in some TSR/WOTC books.

It's design is not simple as I described it above (in fact, it's quite a confused design) but fundamentaly it is a competitive game.

Many (many) groups during all those years have used the D&D rules in differents ways to make them fit their real interest in a RPG. That is what I named "drifting the game" above.

These group-specific changes of style/rules of the game are fine for the group that they were made to satisfy. Of course !

However, when a DM or player comes here and say : I have this problem with D&D. The first reaction is to answer using the baseline official D&D. More than often on this boards (vs ENWorld), these answers aren't welcomed because the players/DMs have drifted the game quite a bit.

Drifting the game is not bad at all, but it's only one of the possible solution, trying another RPG that will need lot less drifting is another one.

What is bad is to give answers using our own "version" of D&D without saying it, because it's nearly impossible that it fits the "version" of the OP.

BTW, it's not a big surprise there is so many "version" of D&D, the lack of a precise playstyle explicitly announced by the designers explains it.

Edited by - Skeptic on 12 Oct 2007 06:49:39
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:50:49  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This thread is about 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons, not game theory, not variations on the game, not different views on various editons, but in general news about 4th edition, people's opinions of it and reactions to it. General game theory is not the topic.

This has been pointed out before. Time to get back on topic.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  17:29:22  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My hope is that they come to grips with the ability for characters to actually found holdings within this new edition. They came sort of close with Powers of Faerun; but still it was lacking some key ingredients that would have streamlined the whole process.

Way back when, there was this Green Box that had some pretty simple (but good) rules about founding your own holdings...anyone remember those days?

Anyway, a generic supplement that detailed more fully the ability of characters to have a hard-wired way to found holdings (whether they are fortresses, guild holdings or caravan investments) would be a welcome addition to the D&D game from where I'm standing.

I've come up with various ways to track even a kingdom and the possible treasury it could have; but having something more solid published by WotC would be great. It would be really nice to be able to track our evil organizations that way too...when the party sacks a Zhent caravan, then we would know just how angry Fzoul (or Manshoon in my campaign) would be! Its one thing to say that the characters do it...but another altogether for the bad guy to really be hit in the treasure chest.

Of course, not everyone wants to track things like this...and I don't always track the bad guys myself to see how badly they are affected by party actions (usually just improvise like most other DMs I've encountered); but it would be really useful for those Rogues that invest their loot in things, or for Clerics to see how much their temple brings in and etc.

I know a lot of people don't like to get in the nuances of a game like that; but the folks I usually play with have been at this sort of gaming for 25+ years like me...so it holds interest for us.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  21:11:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mkhaiwati

I WANNA ROCK!!!
(chorus) ROCK!!
I WANT TO ROCK!!!
(chorus) ROCK!!!
duh duh duh dunna duh duh duh dunna duh duh duh dunna dun

Yeah, my characters are gonna be the MACK DADDIES of realmsian NASTINESS. BOOOYYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!!

PEACE OUT

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  21:47:32  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. 4E is going to be COOL. It's 4.5 that's going to ROCK !!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000