Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shadowstorm Sample Chapter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2007 :  18:09:27  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For any who might be interested, WotC has made available online the opening chapter of Shadowstorm, book II of The Twilight War.

While it contains no spoilers for Shadowstorm, it does contain an implicit spoiler for book one of the trilogy, Shadowbred.

Anyway, you can find the sample chapter here: http://ww2.wizards.com/books/Wizards/Products/?doc=959687400

If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.

Paul

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2007 :  18:50:49  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

For any who might be interested, WotC has made available online the opening chapter of Shadowstorm, book II of The Twilight War.

While it contains no spoilers for Shadowstorm, it does contain an implicit spoiler for book one of the trilogy, Shadowbred.

Anyway, you can find the sample chapter here: http://ww2.wizards.com/books/Wizards/Products/?doc=959687400

If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.

Paul

*Pick up his jaw on the floor*

That is now my prefered part of all the Erevis Cale series

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Aug 2007 20:12:11
Go to Top of Page

eldritchknight
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2007 :  20:11:47  Show Profile  Visit eldritchknight's Homepage Send eldritchknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I can say is wow!!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2007 :  02:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never read samples for upcoming books because I feel like it will spoil my "real" reading experience (with book in hand). But nevertheless I'm eagerly awaiting this novel.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2007 :  02:52:00  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always, absolutely amazing Paul. I look forward to the day this novel hits my local book store.

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2007 :  19:07:40  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I so want to see Mask and Shar lock horns (indirectly or directly), and Mask come out on top.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2007 :  04:48:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the original sample that Paul posted a few months ago, pre edited, but I haven't looked at this one yet to see if it changed much. The version I read was an amazing start though, so I look forward to Shadowstorm.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000