Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Elixir (from Shining South)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trellian
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2007 :  10:47:23  Show Profile  Visit trellian's Homepage Send trellian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
OK, I've had a series of adventures involving this potent artifact from the Shining South accessory. The adventures have all taken place in Halruaa, where the characters found this elixir, and members of the Cabal are chasing them, trying to steal the elixir. In one of the adventures, a suggestion spell from a wizard forced the group's wizard to drink from the elixir. He was inflicted with mindfire, causing 75% of his spells to act as a Rod of Wonder.

He also missed his save, so the effect is permanent. Now, permanent is a relative term in D&D, but I was wondering if you could remove this effect simply with a Remove Disease? Or if, since it's an artifact, the effect is harder to remove? It doesn't state something in the description.

Any thoughts?

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2007 :  12:38:39  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose you talk about the great elexier detailed on page 57/58 of the Shining South sourcebook. After reading it I would say:

YES, a simple Remove Disease Spell would suffice.

According to that discription and in comparisson with the other negative effects, only in one result it was clearly stated that the effect is permanent. That is, argumentum e contrario, the game designers had in mind that the effect should not be permanent (for they would have explicitly stated it, too!) You catch my point?!?

However, of course you could make it more difficult for the player, if you e.g. have an adventure in mind where he needs to find certain ingrediences or such things. Always consider though - make what best fits into your game play and what keeps the game flow going.

Greets, Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000