Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 A question for you all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ithrin
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  09:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Ithrin's Homepage Send Ithrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is for you, A'ldo. He picks the leg of meet up, walking to the wall of C'keep.

I've written 12 posts on here. 9 Have been deleted.

Reason please.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  09:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

The reason for a number of your posts being deleted, Ithrin, is that they were offensive and were geared towards flaming and "starting a war" against Skullport.com. Your posts are irrelevant and clogging up the forum. If you continue to do so then you WILL be thrown out of Candlekeep. Write relevant informative posts, or please just sit back as a guest and read the posts of others.

::tips a nod to the Candlekeep Inn security::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:16:32  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And don't forget the volunteer militia. What say you, my fellows? Care to join our favorite Head Scribe? I know I found the flood of pointless posts to be annoying at the very least.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

And don't forget the volunteer militia. What say you, my fellows? Care to join our favorite Head Scribe? I know I found the flood of pointless posts to be annoying at the very least.

You have me right beside you, Bookwyrm. I cant tolerate such behaviour after such [CENSORED] [CENSORED] like Exilion and Rekindin posted such garbage on here.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:33:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shh! Careful with the names. You might activate Zemd's traps.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:47:49  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When she hears the names of Exilion and Rekindin zemd rushes in the room.
"er... well, it was just in case they came back to 'make war'... make war, i think for them it's just word, full of bravery, honor and glory. I just think of sufering, crying, blood and violence.
What will bring a war for us? Will we be able to face or own image in the mirror if we begin a war? Trying to destroy a place of knowledge, we who fight FOR knowledge?"

With a wink she faces Bookwyrm.
"The protective spell were just about to be thrown, but i stopped them in time. Those baned names will stay in my memory for long, i forgave once, they had their chances."

She then faces Ithrin with an angry stare
"When i read your post Ithrin, i didn't even dare to answer you. I completly agree with Alaundo. We all try to make this place as welcoming and interesting as possible, and i don't understand someone new here trying to disrupt everything what have been done. What the hell did Skullport.com do for every hot tempered and closed minded immature new scribe want to 'make war'.
We have enough wars in our RL, and don't you have learn the lessons from History? So warning, Alaundo was kind enough to just delete your irrevelant and stupid posts without further ... (can't find a good word there ). So let forget this episode and please don't go further in the way you are taking, the previous scribes who did that aren't here anymore, and believe Candlekeep is worth you make a little effort."

Sincerely
zemd

Edited by - zemd on 17 May 2003 10:55:48
Go to Top of Page

Pendangorth
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  13:31:21  Show Profile  Visit Pendangorth's Homepage Send Pendangorth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ithrin. I had hoped you had mended your ways, but that is not apparent in how I see you act. If I find out you're still working for Caphcerat, you will have me AND Alada's army after you.

I play a vintage Wheatstone English Treble Concertina with pride and prowess.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  21:22:33  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pendangorth

Ithrin. I had hoped you had mended your ways, but that is not apparent in how I see you act. If I find out you're still working for Caphcerat, you will have me AND Alada's army after you.

And this is supposed to be threatening...how?

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Pendangorth
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  15:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Pendangorth's Homepage Send Pendangorth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You won't understand the threat if you have no experience of Golgat. I cn tell you more if you wish.

I play a vintage Wheatstone English Treble Concertina with pride and prowess.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  17:19:12  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Threats have no place in Candlekeep.

If you wish to make war, do it elsewhere.

If you wish to argue do it elsewhere.

If you wish to complain about the way the forums are administered by the wise and benevolent Head Scribe of Candlekeep, DON'T

Very few will listen to you and fewer still will care what you think.

Those of us who've been here for awhile, know what a great place this is. If you don't like it GET OUT!

If you have something of interest to ask or say regarding the realms that is well thought out and might provoke an interesting discussion please pull up a chair at a desk and penn a scroll.

Either way keep your voices down, I'm trying to index this collection of tomes called "A Complete and Unabridged History of the Realms" I can tell you Alaundo doesn't like it when his scribes take off to the inn for weeks at a time...I swear the man has no sense of humor.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  17:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Ahhhh, Artalis. Welcome back....at last! Me? a sense of humor? Why, of course, without a doubt! In fact, I cant help but chuckle at the beer foam you still have around your beard

A little too long spent in the Inn, perhaps

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 21 May 2003 17:51:28
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  18:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::shakes his head sadly:: will there ever be a place without the desire to fight anymore??

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Lehre
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  06:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Lehre's Homepage Send Lehre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malice

::shakes his head sadly:: will there ever be a place without the desire to fight anymore??

I believe that is only something in fairy tales and fantasy novels.

"The slow blade pierces even the best shield."
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::frown:: are you saying that all those great stories aren't real?!

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  16:37:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well for one. I like arguements. It is healthy to argue points. Such as I have done here and there with a few of you others. However I only take it so far. Yes I have once called someone a name on here but that was because he actually hit a spot that was not needed to be hit. It was uncalled for infact. However that which I have done was also wrong. A wrong and a wrong never have made a right.... they just make a good fight. . In any case. If you wish to bleed another forum it is best to do it at THAT said forum ... not in another fourm that has nothing to do with another. Further more.... keep in mind that it is ok to argue ... but there is a limit to some things. Peace to all my fellow scribes * puffs upon his lich pipe and then crawls back to his basement celler*

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  01:05:32  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, now i see how things go around here with the fighting and such within the inn

just a question, what are the rules and restrictions with profanity?

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  01:37:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a 'keep it clean' policy, unspoken though it is. You kind of have to get a feel for it. I'm told it's a far cry from Skullport.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000