Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Mercantile Background and Non-magical Armor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aelf
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  17:27:09  Show Profile Send Aelf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Good day to all!

A brief question:
The Mercantile Background feat in (PGtF p41) does not list armor as a 75% sellable item. The feat has been errata'd for a region error, but does anyone know if this is as intended?

Honestly, until another player mentioned it, we had been selling most non-needed loot items using this feat's benefit. Since it only says "weapons, magic items and other adventuring goods" this also seems to exclude gems and art objects. Opinions?

Regards,
Aelf, a bard of the Realms

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  17:32:51  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, gems and art objects are some of the few items that when you sell them, you get full price for, instead of half price.

I will have to reread the feat again before I have an opinion on the armor question.

~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  18:01:35  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
When you sell weapons, magic items, or other adventuring goods

Last time I checked "other adventuring goods" does include armor, very few survive adventuring without armor *wink*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  19:04:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On gems etc. I would suspect the low value ones could be clasified as trade goods, the low cost ones are as good as coin. Perhaps the slightly higher then common could qualify for the 75 percent, but gems are not normally considered adventuring gear and more then money is.

Not sure how it effects game balance but my offer is based on level.

A person with this feat can exchange gems and other treasure for full value if the market value is equal to or less then 50 * level. They can exchange for 75 percent items equal or less then 100 * level. All other such treasure will be excaged at the defalt rate of 50 percent.

Exception: If a community has a wealth less then 10 times the market value the 50 percent rule applies toall sales of these treasures.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000