Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Outsiders of Cyric
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1409 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  03:25:17  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Do any outsiders serve Cyric ?

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  05:07:32  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd assume a few tanar'ri do.

To put a light to it, my educated guess would be:
A swarm of succubi and incubi,
shadow demons,
and a few vrocks (for recon).

Otherwise, I'd assume non-tanar'ri outsiders and a few fallen exemplars of good would serve him well.

If you are building a coupld of summons lists/outsider "friends of Cyric" it might be a good idea to think of his dogma, and run with it.
A "Dark Lantern Archon" that creates darkness only allies can see through (otherwise same stats as a Lantern Archon), being the Dark Son. A thought is that one could be advanced and utilize the warlock class to make them more of a Planar Ally level of creature.

A prince of lies needs eloquent speakers, and both Succubi, lilitus, and incubi would serve that purpose nicely. Easily summon or planar ally.

And that outsider chaotic reaper creature would fit in with his wanton dealings with death, especially allies of other faiths. Primarily a planar ally.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1409 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  08:36:45  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, what i had in mind was a powerful planar servant that has been telepathically speaking to one of my PCs, posing himself as Cyric.

By claiming the PCs to be his next chosen, he has send him on quest that would glorify the worship of Cyric. First he killed/assassinated the Lathander priest of a local community then now he's off to dedicate hundred of innocent lives to be slaughtered by an army of hobgoblins as sacrifice to Cyric in which he was able to pull off using lies and deceit to lure the innocent into a trap.

In the end, the extraplanar servant tends to manipulate the PCs for his own ends and eventually betray them and sacrifice them to his master.

Looking from the list above, the incubi and succubi looks like potential candidates for such an extraplanar creature.

Any other possible outsiders that serve Cyric ?

Edited by - questing gm on 06 Jul 2007 01:42:20
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  10:06:04  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Cyric has the Portfolios of Deception ans Corruption I would assume that some Fiends of Corruption may serve Cyric. This is only a prestige class - but someone or something on this way may find the Prince of Lies attractive - and it would fit to your idea of manipulate a PC

So you can give any outsider the necessary switch - just go for it.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  11:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Players Guide to Faerūn lists howlers, demodands, slaadi and chaos beasts as inhabitants of the Supreme Throne.
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  04:17:24  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Snotlord for the info (looked mine up to reply the same thing moments ago).

Even with those as the "Primary" inhabitants of the Supreme Throne, a crafty DM would have a few succubi/incubi for the "corrupting influence" part of his portfolio, perhaps as elite agents?

Perhaps it's time for someone to do a "core beliefs" type of article for Faerun... Maybe that's going to be in the new stuff from WotC (One would hope). If not, I'd try my hand if someone else wanted to help edit & write it with me.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  01:07:57  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The black beasts of bedlam mentioned in Dragon 353 and published in Dragon 355 were created specifically with Cyric in mind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000