Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Song Dragons latest update?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  01:53:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Quick question are the Song Dragon stats in Monsters of Faerun (and updated in the PGTF WE) the latest version of them?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  02:02:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much except for any of the one that are stat'd in Dragons of Faerun.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  03:44:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Pretty much except for any of the one that are stat'd in Dragons of Faerun.

Ok thanks!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  14:34:34  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And all Dragons of.. does for the Monsters of... dragons is repeat the update-information in PGtF.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  14:42:17  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And all Dragons of.. does for the Monsters of... dragons is repeat the update-information in PGtF.

Almost, but not quite true. The updates in PGtF were good, but I thought that Song Dragons should have the Perform skill, so removed Jump and replaced it with Preform. Otherwise, I think the stats are pretty much the same.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 27 Apr 2007 14:42:35
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11806 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  20:24:30  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<<Almost, but not quite true. The updates in PGtF were good, but I thought that Song Dragons <<should have the Perform skill, so removed Jump and replaced it with Preform. Otherwise, I <<think the stats are pretty much the same.

Nah, what song dragon would ever have perform (singing) as a skill

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  08:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Follow up question

Half Drow

Are Half Drow just Half elves with Dusky skin and Light hair (Hwich seems to be what 3.5 MM leaves them with) or do they still get 60 feet Darkvision and "Drow blood" (whic is what Races of Faerun gives them)

Also do Half Drow have light Sensitivity?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  10:54:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Follow up question

Half Drow

Are Half Drow just Half elves with Dusky skin and Light hair (Hwich seems to be what 3.5 MM leaves them with) or do they still get 60 feet Darkvision and "Drow blood" (whic is what Races of Faerun gives them)

I'd go with the Races of Faerűn version. Realmslore over generic stuff. I'd not give them light sensitivity, since they're usually born on the surface.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  12:08:53  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Follow up question

Half Drow

I'd go with the Races of Faerűn version. Realmslore over generic stuff. I'd not give them light sensitivity, since they're usually born on the surface.

The weird thing is that RoF lists Daylight adaption as one of the Half Drow Regional Feats but PGTF doesnt

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  13:52:41  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that the errata for PGtF states that Daylight Adaptation isn't a regional feat any longer, but I could be wrong (just look further up the thread for proof).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  14:33:10  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure it's not a regional feat anymore. It just doesn't have the flavor of a regional feat. Any character with light sensitivity should have this option. It needn't take away their racial feats.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  14:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More weirdness

PGTF lists Drow eyes (Feat that doubles the range of a half Drows Dark vision) as a regional feat for Half Drow however Monster Manual 1 doesnt give Half elves (drow or otherwise)Dark Vision they only get Low Light vision...

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  16:49:17  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Daylight Adaption feat was errata'd in the Player's Guide errata, I believe.

Also I agree with Wooly, FR material over core if there is a conflict.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Follow up question

Half Drow

Mechanically Half-Drow are Half-Elves with 60' Darkvision instead of Low-Light Vision.
And technically if you wanted to draw out the sub-types of a Drow or Half-Drow it would be Humanoid (Drow, Elf) but normally it would be Humanoid (Elf).

Daylight Adaptation is now a "standard feat" no longer a Regional feat.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000