Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Divine titles in Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  17:18:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were a lot of them painted up in the old Forgotten Realms Adventures hardcover. These paintings (and a few more) were reprinted in Faiths & Avatars.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:01:06  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At lest as I understand there is no interest from Vic in drawing for this topic...

If anybody wants to send me some nice drawings for the dwarven pantheon - better for the clothing of the priests - this would be very gladly recieved. The material would be for privat use only (maybe presented in my rollplaying group) - I'm collecting "nice little dwarven stuff"
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:02:58  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, continuing with Powers & Pantheons:

Garagos:

Nothing to add – the information is already complete (as far as Powers and Pantheons go)

Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:03:51  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gargauth:

All clergy are regimented in a strict hierarchy with corresponding titels.

Novices are known as Supplicants.

In ascending order, Gargauth’s clergy are titled Lord of the First Pit, Lord of the Second Pit etc. Priests of 9th and higher level are known as the Lords of the Ninth Pit. Higher-ranking priests often have individual titles as well. Such titles typically include a variant of the true name of at least one baatezu that Gargauth has destroyed in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:28:09  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoar

As could be expected, the clergy is splintered into a multitude of backstabbing factions with centuries-old hatreds and constantly shifting alliances. Commonly used titles vary from faction to faction, but in the Heartlands, priest of Hoar are known as:

See already posted titels….
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:30:46  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incredible - almost forgot the Nameless Bard - who should spread my name in may tales ...

Finder Wyvernspur

Finder’s actual clergy is currently limited to a saurial priestess in the Lost Vale and a rebellious young Bard from Berdusk who is presently adventuring in the Heartlands.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:34:44  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
must be got mixed up with my replies - they should be in the mentioned order soon ...

Gwaeron Windstrom

There is not an organized Gwaeron faith distinct from the church of Mielikki. Instead, Gwaeron is venerated by rangers and trackers of the North who seek to interpret woodland signs and to track outlaws or game.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  12:35:26  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jergal

Nothing to add – the information is already complete (as far as Powers and Pantheons go)
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2007 :  02:03:50  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sorry I cant support the idear about the paintings, but I have to much on my mind.. Work D&D and of cause a beautiful x-girlfriend ai cant find..

Sorry I like the idear but I must admit that there isn’t room fore that kind of project right now.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  22:07:22  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Karsus

The cult died out before a formal hierarchy of titles could be established Members of Karsus’s clergy where known informally as Heartbloods.

Lurue

I read something about a male priest of Lure lately – but I can’t remember the novel - maybe someone can give me a hint - Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  14:25:26  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nobanion

Clergy of the Lion God, known as the Pride of Nobanion, are not given to elaborate titles. Specialty priests are known as firemanes and are commonly referred to as Light of the Lion’s Mane. Clerics and crusaders are known as Roaring Averngers, while shamans are addresses as Speakers of the Paw and Roar. Lammasu and greater lammasu are considered part of the clergy and are addressed as Elders and Reverend Elders, respectively.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  10:30:42  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Red Knight

One detail that is not already mentioned:

The clergy of the Red Knight is known as the Red Fellowship, and is an offshoot of a monastic order within the hierarchy of the church of Tempus. The concentrate on planning and strategy.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  10:31:52  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sarvas

Novices are known as Truth Seekers.

Titels:
- Truth Speakers
- Savants
- Sholars
- Sages
- Clairvoyants
- Soothsayers
- Prophesiers
- Prophets
- Oracles

Higher-ranking priests have their own unique titles, a tradition begun during the centuries of Savras imprisonment.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  10:33:14  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharess

In addition:

Specialty priests of Sharess are known as sensates. As there is no known connection between Sharess’s faithful and the Outer Planar faction of the same name, this is a potential point of confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  10:33:46  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shiallia

Powers and Pantheons says:

The clergy of Shiallia are commonly known as the Sisters/Brothers of Life and Mercy. Since the Time of Troubles, most initiates to the faith have become the specialty priests known as woodwives. Shiallia’s priests shun formal titles. Younger priestesses are addressed as Daughters, those of similar age are addressed as Sisters, and senior priestesses are addressed as Mothers. Males are addressed as Brother, Son or Elder Brother, but never as Father.
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  11:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated the list... Thanks Matthus

I am taking a little break, but I will be updating the list -ill be back

a list of what to find..............

Priests of xxxx are known as
- Cyric
- Finder Wyvernspur
- Ilmater
- Jergal
- Kelemvor
- Lathander
- Loviatar

and many more

Titles :
- Deneir
- Finder Wyvernspur
- Sharess
- Siamorphe
- Silvanus
- Ubtao
- Ulutiu
- Umberlee
- Uthgar
- Valkur

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 03 Jun 2007 09:15:24
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  20:35:28  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beshaba:

Male clergy tend to be underpriests of the Black Fingers (professional assassins) of Beshaba, those high in status in the church are almost exclusively female.
Specialty priests are referred to as doommasters (a genderless term in this church).

Novice are known as Bewildered (as in “Bewildered Brother Gorm”, Bewildered Sister Lashayal”)

Full priests are known as Unfortunate and use similar forms of address as the Bewildered.

Titles
- Finger of Fear
- Hand of Strife
- Higher Hand of Strife
- Hand of Gloom
- Higher Hand of Gloom
- Hand of Horror
- Higher Hand of Horror
- Hand of Despair
- Higher Hand of Despair
- Mistress/Master of Dread
- Nails of the Lady
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  20:36:44  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chauntea

Druids of the faith call themselves “True Clerics of Chauntea”

Titels of the more civilized priests are:

- Close One
- Watchful Brother/Sister of the Earth
- Trueseed
- Harvestmaster/Harvestmistress
- High Harvestmaster/Harvestmistress
- Onum

Edited by - Matthus on 01 Jun 2007 20:38:19
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2007 :  09:16:02  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I updated the list.

It seems that I have one title more than you concerning Beshaba titles.
title (- The Unfortunate)

Cheeking it out

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  10:25:00  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have the stuff you posted here also in a word document for me victor?
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  10:25:58  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have the stuff you posted here also in a word document for me victor?
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  12:09:37  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could send it to you, no problem there. But it would be quicker just to copy it and paste it into a world document.

I will send it to you.

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 04 Jun 2007 15:24:44
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  06:14:42  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Siamorphe

Members of the clergy are collectively known as Scions of Siamorphe.

Within the clergy, officially there is a strict hierarchy of titles and rank, but in practice this hierarchy is less important than the actual noble ranks of the clergy.

Titels:

- Lord/Lady Scion
- Baron/Baroness Scion
- Viscount/Viscountess Scion
- Count/Countess Scion
- Marquis/Marquise Scion
- Duke/Duchess Scion
- High Lord/Lady Scion
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  06:15:21  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ulutiu

Ulutiu is venetrated by the Nakulutiuns of the Great Glacier and their kin, the Ice Hunters of the Great Frontier.

Each village of the Nakulutiuns is led by an autocratic leader, a speciality priest known as urit, and three lieutenants, who are also specialty priests and are known as yaaurit. Collectively the specialty priests are known as nakurits.

Specialty priests of the Ice Hunters are known as iceguardians and shamans, who both serve similar functions as the nakurits.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  06:15:54  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uthgar

Uthgardt shamans hold various titles, which vary widely between tribes.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  06:16:32  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valkur

Specialty priests are known as wavetamers.

Within each temple hierarchy, priests are strictly ranked, but priests of different temples rarely recognize each other’s position. Titles vary from region to region, but along the Sword Cost, most temples use the following hierarchy:

- Gob
- Seaman
- Sailor
- Boatswain
- Third Mate
- Second Mate
- First Mate
- Captain
- Commodore
- Admiral

The highest ranking priest of any temple is known as High Captain, regardless of level.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  06:17:11  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Velsharron

Velsharron’s clergy is composed primarily of specialty priests, known as necrophants, and necromancers.

Novices and acolytes are known as Pallbearers.

Higher ranking priests have titles such as

- Soul Stalker
- Cryptguardian
- Dead Walker
- Bleeder
- Life Leach
- Spirit Sepulcher
- Seeker of the Seven Truths
- Necromaster

Higher ranking priests have unique individual titles conferred upon them by Velsharoon himself.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  11:13:26  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chultan Pantheon

Eshowdow

The clergy is known as Eshewtak, specialty priests are known as shadow stalkers.

Eshowdow’s clergy has no formal hierarchy of titles, but is has a loose hierarchy of power based on personal prowess as a priest. Each individual priest is given a unique title in lieu of his name by the priest who inducts him into the priesthood. These new names are said to come from Eshowdow himself and speak of the destiny of the individual to whom they are given.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  11:14:12  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sseth

The clergy of Sseth is known as Ssethssar, specialty priests are known as serphidians.

Titels:

- Adder
- Pit Viper
- Asp
- Krait
- Cobra
- Anaconda
- Rattler
- Boalisk
- Python

Higher ranking priests are known collectively as Elder Serpents, but have unique individual titles revealed to them by Sseth himself. Wizards in service to the church are known as Heways.
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  11:14:49  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ubtao

Shamans of the Tabaxi are known as spiritlords, speciality priests are known as Mazewalkers.

Priests of Ubtao of all varieties eschew formal titles aside from their profession, though affectionate titles of respect are sometimes given them by their clans.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000