Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Search button and shade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shandiris
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  15:10:22  Show Profile Send shandiris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Every word i type into the search option works except one. Shade i keep getting like almost every topic.
I would like it if you resolved this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Shandiris

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  15:39:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried refining your search options? Perhaps using either "Entire Message" or "Subject Only" will limit the topics collated by the search function. Maybe try searching for posts by specific scribes. Or "Match Exact Phrase" for example.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2008 :  07:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another search suggestion/comment: Would it be possible for searches which return threads with multiple pages to highlight the which pages of the thread actually have the desired phrase or words? I find it somewhat frustrating to try to scroll through 19 pages of a thread looking for a phrase which shows up maybe four times x_x
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2008 :  08:47:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

Another search suggestion/comment: Would it be possible for searches which return threads with multiple pages to highlight the which pages of the thread actually have the desired phrase or words? I find it somewhat frustrating to try to scroll through 19 pages of a thread looking for a phrase which shows up maybe four times x_x

Well met

Indeed, I find this frustrating myself. I won't be making a change to this forum, however. But the new forum (as part of Candlekeep v2.0) should be much more useful

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly