Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Seven Deadly Sin Domains from Dragon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  03:49:16  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I never got the original issue of Dragon that had the Seven Deadly Sin domains in it, but I do have the Spell Compendium which has those domains in them. I just got the Dragon magazine that has the Seven Saintly Virtue Domains in it, and after seeing the sidebar on what FR gods grant these domains, I'm now wondering who they assigned some of these domains to in FR, assuming they did assign them in that issue.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:05:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avarice: Abbathor, Brandobaris, Cyric, Dumathoin, Finder Wyvernspur, Gargauth, Geb, Hoar, Mask, Nephithys, Shargaas, Velsharoon, Vergadain, Vhaeraun, and Waukeen.

Envy: Bane, Beshaba, Cyric, Gargauth, Hoar, Kiaransalee, Mask, Set, Shar, Sharess, Shargaas, Talona, Umberlee, Urdlen, Velsharoon, Vhaeraun, and Waukeen.

Gluttony: Cyrrollalee, Garagos, Malar, Sebek, Umberlee, Urdlen, and Vergadain.

Lust: Beshaba, Eilistraee, Hanali Celanil, Hathor, Isis, Lliira, Loviatar, Luthic, Sharess, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, and Sune.

Pride: Bane, Cyric, Dumathoin, Finder Wyvernspur, Gargauth, Gond, Helm, Horus-Re, Kiaransalee, Nobanion, Oghma, Osiris, Set, Shar, Shevarash, Siamorphe, Sune, Tempus, Tyr, Ubtao, Umberlee, Velsharoon, Vhaeraun, and Waukeen.

Sloth: Brandobaris, Cyrrolalee, Erevan Ilesere, Finder Wyvernspur, Gargauth, Hathor, Lliira, Luthic, Mask, Milil, Sharess, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, Tymora, Vergadain, and Waukeen.

Wrath: Anhur, Bahgtru, Bane, Beshaba, Clangeddin, Garagos, Hoar, Horus-Re, Kossuth, Loviatar, Malar, Selvetarm, Set, Shevarash, Talos, Tempus, Thard Harr, Umberlee, Uthgar, Valkur, and Yurtrus.

Some of these I don't agree with and its also odd that some of the elven and monster deities are listed as having these domains in the core pantheons but the same FR deities are not listed for the FR pantheons. Corellon, for example, has Pride for the core pantheons but he's not listed as having it for the FR pantheons.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 15 Apr 2007 04:06:55
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:08:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kuje, I appreciate this. I noticed in the current issue with the saintly domains that there were domains that "core" Corellon has that "Realms" Corellon apparently does not, and I agree, both these ones and the ones in the current issue of Dragon have a few choices I wouldn't have gone with. But I was curious to see what the "official" stance was from Dragon before I made any changes.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:12:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No prob, I hope to get that issue soon. Mutters about news stands and having to wait.

But yeah, I'd switch some of those around or add them to the deities that have them in the core pantheons, if I was going to use them.

If you want to see the core deities, let me know and I'll grab the article again.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 15 Apr 2007 04:13:42
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:17:41  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing those, if you don't mind doing it. Thanks again. I'm curious to see how some of the "core" versions contrast with the Realms versions.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:18:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure, give me a sec.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:23:16  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avarice: Garl Glittergold, Moradin, Mouqoul, Olidammara, Tharizdun, Xan, and Yae.

Envy: Beltar, Garl Glittergold, Kurtulmak, Lolth, Nerull, and Tharizdun.

Gluttony: Erythnul, and Yondalla.

Lust: Gruumash, Lolth, and Olidammara.

Pride: Bahamut, Beltar, Corellon Larethian, Heironeous, Hextor, Iuz, Lolth, Moradin, Pelor, Pholtus, Tiamat, Vecna, Wastri, and Wee Jas.

Sloth: Olidammara.

Wrath: Beltar, Erythul, Gruumsh, Heironeous, Hextor, Incabulos, Joramy, Kord, Llerg, Lolth, Moradin, Procan, Pyremius, St. Cuthbert, and Tiamat.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:27:09  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Kuje . . . much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2007 :  04:39:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No prob. Man, that's a weird list that the FR deities are missing some of those. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000