Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Distances in Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  06:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, I've been wonderin for a while now how far would traveling Waterdeep or Baldur's Gate to say...Cormyr or Sembia be in comparison to our world here?

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  11:02:09  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas here are some distances as the crow flies

Baldur's Gate to Arabel 767
Baldur's Gate to Selgaunt 1119
Waterdeep to Arabel 1091
Waterdeep to Aelgaunt 1447

With the 3rd edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Set some distances got changed

Here's a map available at WotC: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20060607a

As to actual an actual trek by foot, I would think it would take months.
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  11:52:13  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like I mentioned before. My party travelled from Everlund to Luskan in a few months.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  16:57:11  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Realms is pretty huge, even with magic, travel can take quite awhile.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  06:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I noticed how the distances are quite far, yet much of the time the party of Drizzt travels on foot. They must have super callouses.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  17:13:36  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranin

Yes I noticed how the distances are quite far, yet much of the time the party of Drizzt travels on foot. They must have super callouses.

True, but the only time they really traveled any great distance, they did use a boat.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000