Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Channath Vale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arcos
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  04:47:24  Show Profile  Visit Arcos's Homepage Send Arcos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for info on the Channath Vale region. (It extends from the Dun hills near Lapaliiya to the headwaters of the Channath river. It includes the Misty Vale, Wyrmbones and Shaar Reach Forest.) All I've found is some basic info in Shining South. Do we have any other lore about this region?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  05:15:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside from the entries in 3e's Shining South, you'll find scattered bits and pieces in various sources. There's some brief mentions through the write-up for "Lapaliiya" in Serpent Kingdoms. The Misty Vale receives some attention in the entry for "Fenmarel Mestarine" in Demihuman Deities. The Wyrmbones, as I recall, haven't been the focus of much published Realmslore -- though, it was mentioned [by name] in the "Dragons' Claw Portals" series for Perilous Gateways. And the Rathgaunt Hills are briefly covered in the entry for "Gaerdal Ironhand" in Demihuman Deities.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arcos
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  05:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Arcos's Homepage Send Arcos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You, Sir, are most deserving of your title. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  11:03:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then of course there is the "generic" adventure Red Hand of Doom, which I assume is the motivation for your question, but just in case, I point it out anyway. Red Hand of Doom matches up perfectly with Channath Vale.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000