Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  21:33:59  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I may come up with some more pieces of equipment in awhile and post them here. However, I'm working on a feat currently, and it's best placed in another thread

K

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2004 :  04:29:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, I like feats...

Any hints about the one you're working on?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  03:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished it yesterday, I suppose now's as good a time as any to post it... check in skills and feats.

K

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  05:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Horned Hunter
This is a Mighty +2 Composite Longbow +4. It has been enchanted so that the weilder gains 50% range increment and a +5 Spot competence bonus just as the Hawkeye spell (detailed in Masters of the Wild). The weilder gains these bonuses as long as the bow is held in at least one hand.
Origionally this bow was made by Warfletchion "Fletch" Owlfeather a Wood Elf from the High Forest from the bones of a Giant Horned Owl. The Giant Owls are sacred gaurdins of the forest and the one that made this bow died defending the elves. So Fletch constructed the bow so that the owl would be able to fight on and help any who weild it.
Restrictions: Weilder must either be a Wood Elf or have the High Forest as their home region and the weilder must be Good aligned.

Some lesser versions have been made similar to this bow using different animal bones such as elk horns or from any other forest guardian. Bones work the best as they are great conductors or holders of natural magic.

Mild Transmutation; CL 2nd; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Craft (Bonecraft) 5 ranks; Hawkeye; Price and Cost will differ depending on the quality of the bow used.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 25 Aug 2004 05:23:41
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  05:51:34  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bone Bracers of Inspired Aim
These bracers are mainly worn by the leaders of a company of Wood Elf archers. While worn all allies within a 40ft radius gain a +2 insight bonus on all ranged attacks just as the Inspired Aim spell (detailed in the Book of Exalted Deeds).
These bracers appear to be beautifully crafted of ivory or bone and have very intricate carvings of the animal that the bones came from.
Restriction: Wearer must be Good aligned.

Faint Enchantment; CL 4th; Craft Wonderous Item, Craft (Bonecraft) 8 ranks, Creator must be Good aligned; Inspired Aim; Price 15,000; Weight 1 lb

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  08:28:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting .

So, what animal do the bones for these bracers actually come from?

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  14:46:14  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any animal thats big enough. There are quite a few Giant type animals plus Dire and Legendary that would work I'm sure :)

I think Giant Eagle's would work really well bird bones are usually hollow already plus eagles make beautiful carvings to pictate on the bracers as well.

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2004 :  04:10:50  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been tinkering with this idea for a while. I was thinking about having an item that a character recieves at first level that would in essence level up in power as the character leveled. I've decided to make these items deity specific to give them more character and so that only followers of those deities will be able to use them. Characters will either find these items appearing in their items as if by magic, have a similar item of their own start producing these magical qualities, or be given the item by a very high ranking cleric of the same deity. If one of these items falls into the hands of a follower with a similar deity or similar alignment the item will become dormant and only be considdered masterwork but not magical. Followers of opposing deities or opposite alignments will take penalties similar to the bonuses if they hold one of these items. If the item is equipable it only grants the bonuses when equipped. All bonuses are lost if the item is lost, though characters may recieve a replacement item in a similar manner that they recieved the origional. I've given greater bonuses every 5 levels I was hoping to make these bonuses equal to the type of magical items you might find at each of these level increments but of course the bonuses stack making for a fairly powerful item. DM's can choose whether or not to give these bonuses perhaps based on the players RPing for example if the player does a great job RPing the character and especially to the faith of their patron deity you could give them the bonuses one level sooner or if they ignore their chosen faith withhold the bonuses for a while. Anyways here are a few examples please give me your feedback and tell me if you think this is a good idea and especially if you want to see more. Because if theres no interest int this I wont waste my time

Azuthan Spellbook
This magical spellbook has the symbol of Azuth magically imprinted on the front depicted as if the raised finger is continually giving off magical radiance.
1st level – When held in hand the book gives off a radiance as the spell Light. Gains Scribe Scroll feat if not a wizard.
5th level – The holder can cast 3 0-level cantrips from the Wizard spell list (must be prepared and used just the same, these add on if the holder has Wizard levels). All Knowledge skills become class skills to the holder regardless of class.
10th level – Holder gains +5 to Knowledge (arcana) skill. Gains +2 Int.
15th level – Can cast 2 1st-level Wizard spells. +3 to Spellcraft skill.
20th level – Gains additional +5 to Knowledge (arcana) skill. Holder is continually under the Arcane Sight spell. Gains spell resistance 20.

Gauntlet of Bane
This is a finely crafted adamantine spiked gauntlet worn on the right hand by the followers of Bane.
1st level – Upon command this gauntlet can produce a bright green light (as the Light spell). Treat wearer as armed even when unarmed while wearing this gauntlet.
5th level – Can cast Cause Fear 3 times per day and Bane once per day as a Cleric.
10th level – Wearer gains +5 to Intimidate skill. Gains +2 Cha.
15th level – Can cast Bane 2 more times per day. +3 to Diplomacy skill.
20th level – Gains additional +5 to Intimidate. Gains the Leadership feat (even if requirements not met). Immune to Fear.

Wreathed headband of Chauntea
This is a very lush green leaved headband that looks (and is) very healthy. Most of the time there are fresh berries hanging from the leaves.
1st level – Once per day the wearer can pick berries from the headband providing one meals worth of food. When the wearer touches any food or drink it acts as if the Purify Food and Drink spell had been cast upon it.
5th level – Can cast Endurance 3 times per day. Berries increase to 2 meals per day for 2 people.
10th level – Wearer gains +5 Knowledge (nature) skill. Gains +2 Wis.
15th level – Can cast Charm Animal twice per day as a Druid. Gains +3 Profession (farmer or gardener). Can produce enough berries to feed 3 people 3 times per day.
20th level – Additional +5 Knowledge (nature). Wearer is immune to all non-magical diseases. Can produce enough berries to feed 6 people 3 times per day.

Armbands of Cyric
These armbands are black with the white skull on a purple star symbol woven into them. They are usually made from cotton or wool and can easily be hidden under long sleeves, armor, or turned inside out when the character does not want to be known as a follower of Cyric.
1st level – Can cast Ghost Sound at will. Can cast Disguise Self once per day.
5th level – Cast Disguise Self 3x/day and Net of Shadows 1x/day.
10th level – Wearer gains +5 Bluff skill. Gains +2 Cha.
15th level – Can cast Reflective Disguise 1x/day. Gains +3 Craft (poisonmaking)
20th level – Additional +5 Bluff skill. Continually under Disguise Self spell. Immune to all non-magical poisons.

~Lee N.

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 29 Aug 2004 04:26:52
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  04:08:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All very fine items, Fletch.

Tell me, do you take requests...?

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  04:20:01  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure thing Sage What would you like to see?

~Lee N.

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 30 Aug 2004 04:24:22
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  07:10:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps they're a bit high-powered? Though if Sage likes them, they can't be that bad. I'm probably just imagining it.

I do like the thoughts behind them, though. I really like the Azuth and Chauntea ones -- the latter really seems to get the essence of the deity, and I think she's sort of overlooked . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  13:12:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Perhaps they're a bit high-powered?

Ooh, they do have a bit of a "high-powered" feel to them, but so long as the DM's attentive, I really can't see these items causing too much grief or disrupting game balance that much...

quote:
Sure thing Sage What would you like to see?
Let me get back to you on that, I've a few ideas I want to sort through here...

Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  21:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, here's a spell I thought up at work today

Soften Metal

Transmutation
Level : Sor/Wiz 3
Compontents: V,S,F
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Touch
Target: 1 metal object no more than 10 sq feet
Duration: 5 minutes +1 minute/level
Saving Throws: Yes (special)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell, when cast on a metal object this spell turns the metal into a soft, rather pliable substance. The metal will hold it's shape if it is left untouched, but it becomes easily shaped, moved, stretched and such by even a weak persons hands. Metal which is magically enchanted, earns a saving throw with a saving bonus equal to the level of defensive enchantment(s) upon that metal.

Probably the most effective use of this spell, would be for an imprisoned wizard who is shackled, or in a prison cell with an iron door. A wizard who has this spell available, could pull apart his shackles, or in the case of in a cell with an iron door, he could push his hands through it, and stretch the metal apart, creating a hole to step through, and pull it back together before the spell ends, thus, making his escape less apparent.

Focus: A small bit of quicksilver

Well, tell me what you all think. Twas something I thought up while at work today.

K

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  22:31:15  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a lot of metal where you work? Thinking of casting this spell to get away? hehe Great idea very nice spell

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  23:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
.... I'm a welder...

K

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  23:33:49  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karesch

.... I'm a welder...

K

Well that explains a lot! Just think how much easier your job would be if you could cast this spell

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  22:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. However, my robot does most of the work anyhow, so I can't complain. although... somedays... 'twould be nice to cast it upon the robot and rip it apart... *chuckles* but anyhow, I'm glad you liked my spell.

K

Go to Top of Page

Telathra
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2004 :  02:01:28  Show Profile  Visit Telathra's Homepage Send Telathra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I slowly trudged through this gargantuan scroll over the course of three days (I enjoyed it though ), and I would now like to request a special order item. I would like something themed around planetouched, or something to do with ice. The characters in my campaign are only around fifth level, so nothing to high powered please. The ice item really takes precedence as the players are going up against an ice para-genasi warrior of darkness(see the BoVD). Some sort of sword or axe would be nice, though i really dont care about the specifics.

"The only thing we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  02:28:49  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O gentle Sage, I must ask ye a most laborous boon. I've written up quite a few items, but my skills at pricing are undeniably negligible. Would you, or any other present loremasters, aid me in the task? I could post them here, or e-mail if preferable, but I'm afraid I myself will be no help in the process, as mathamatics have a kryptonian quality on me. Already this brief mention has drained me....Sourcemaster2 staggers, leaning on a nearby counter, his skin pallid and breath shallow. Puppy-dog eyes plead for assistance....

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2005 :  21:55:28  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had not visited the Magic Shop since it opened its doors, yet browsing through its contents, I found an item that suddenly seemed to have found a way into my campaign, and into an upcoming series of articles in a project several scribes of Candlekeep are working on.

As general feedback, the most interesting items I saw, where the ones that had been given some background, rather than listing just the item and its stats...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  05:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most magic items in Real World legends, myths, and folklore all have certain stories behind them, small or large. Even in reality, many weapons were personalized somehow.

I just think that there should be no such thing as a generic magic item in D&D. Some are obviously tools, and have no real mystique, but whenever I can, I want a story. Even a simple, mundane, non-masterwork dagger shouldn't just be a dagger -- one should add a story to it, even if it's just that the character's grandmother used to use it to gut fish.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:12:58  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Old 2E item updated for 3.5E

Ring of Arachnid Control: On command, this ring affects an Arachnid as if the wearer had cast Charm Animal (Will DC 11). This ignores the normal immunity to mind-affecting effects that vermin have.
Source: Converted from 2E to 3.5E by Joseph Weber.
Faint Enchantment; CL 3rd; Forge Ring, Charm Animal; Price 10,800 gp.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:17:39  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why should Arcane Casters have all the fun when it comes to double spell slots?

Ring of Divinity: This special ring comes in four kinds (Ring of Divinity I, Ring of Divinity II, Ring of Divinity III, and Ring of Divinity IV), all of them useful only to divine spellcasters. The wearer’s divine spells per day are doubled for one specific spell level. A Ring of Divinity I doubles 1st level spells, a Ring of Divinity II doubles 2nd level spells, a Ring of Divinity III doubles 3rd level spells, and a Ring of Divinity IV doubles 4th level spells. Bonus spells from high ability scores are not doubled.
Source: DMG 3.5, modified Ring of Wizardry.
Moderate (Divinity I) or Strong (Divinity II–IV) (no school); CL 11th (I), 14th (II), 17th (III), 20th (IV); Forge Ring, Miracle; Price 20,000 gp (I), 40,000 gp (II), 70,000 gp (III), 100,000 gp (IV).

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:19:29  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember the old Ring of Faerie, here it is revised to 3.5E

Ring of Faerie: This magical silver ring is created by the Tel-quessir as gifts to their closest allies among the N-Tel-Quess. This ring confers upon the wearer Low-Light Vision, and a +5 competence bonus on Hide, Move Silently, and Search checks.
Source: Converted from 1E to 3.5E by Joseph Weber.
Faint Divination, Illusion, and Transmutation; CL 3rd; Forge Ring, Creator must be an Elf; Price: 17,250 gp.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:22:58  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The old Ring of Human Influence given a 3.5E revision.

Ring of Human Influence: This emerald studded gold ring provides its wearer with a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma. It also allows its wearer to cast Dominate Person (DC 17) and Suggestion (DC 15) once a day each.
Moderate Enchantment and Transmutation; CL 9th; Forge Ring, Dominate Person, Eagle’s Splendor, Suggestion; Price 40,600 gp.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:25:36  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The old Ring of Shocking Grasp, given a face-lift for 3.5E

Ring of Shocking Grasp: The wearer of this ring can use Shocking Grasp for 2d6 points of electricity damage, three times per hour. The wearer has a +3 bonus on the attack roll if the opponent is wearing metal armor (or made out of metal, carrying a lot of metal, or the like).
Faint Evocation; CL 2nd; Forge Ring, Shocking Grasp; Price: 4,000 gp.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:29:34  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A robe popular among powerful Matron Mothers.

Robe of the Matron: This elegant black spidersilk robe is embroidered with mithral thread in a spiderweb design. It provides a +8 armor bonus, a +5 resistance bonus on saves, a +6 enhancement bonus to Wisdom and Charisma, and damage reduction 5/good.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber.
Strong Abjuration, Conjuration, Evocation, and Transmutation; CL 18th; Craft Wondrous Item, Eagle’s Splendor, Mage Armor, Miracle, Owl’s Wisdom, Resistance, Stoneskin, Creator must be a Drow; Price 317,500 gp; Weight 1 lb.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  07:10:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

I had not visited the Magic Shop since it opened its doors, yet browsing through its contents, I found an item that suddenly seemed to have found a way into my campaign, and into an upcoming series of articles in a project several scribes of Candlekeep are working on.

So, I suppose we have to wait until the article, to find out which item you used...?

quote:

As general feedback, the most interesting items I saw, where the ones that had been given some background, rather than listing just the item and its stats...

I tried to promote that exact trend by providing some details with each item I posted in the Magic Shop. Most picked up on that trend and carried it on... while others simply posted a whole lot of numbers... .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  15:26:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Only items I posted so far have been revisions of magic items from 1E or 2E that didn't make it to 3E, or something that is not common, but isn't unique either.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Feel free to continue if you so wish. There's more than a few 2e items I'd like to see have a 3e make-over.

What I was getting at before though was, that if someone intends to present a unique item they've worked up either for specific entry here, or for use in their own home campaigns... it would be far more interesting for these items to be supported by some "fluffly" elements to supplement the diet of crunchiness that comes along with it... .

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Jan 2005 15:29:41
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  17:18:21  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few magic items presented in the 2E Menzoberranzan boxed set.

A prized possession of House Faen Tlabbar, their Communing Plate.
Faen Tlabbar Communing Plate: This platinum platter allows the user to Commune with Lolth once a day.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber, based on material from Menzoberranzan boxed set.
Moderate Divination; CL: 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, Commune; Price 41,200 gp; Weight 1 lb.

A few possessions of Matron Mez'Barris Armgo, her gloves, piwafwi, and necklace.
Mez’Barris’ Gloves: These arm-length, open fingered evening gloves appear delicate. These gloves grant a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, and a +8 Armor bonus to AC of their wearer.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber, based on material from Menzoberranzan boxed set.
Strong Abjuration and Transmutation; CL 16th; Craft Wondrous Item, Bull’s Strength, Mage Armor; Price 118,000gp.

Mez’Barris’ Piwafwi: This cloak provides a +10 competence bonus to Hide checks for its wearer. The wearer can climb as if under the effects of a Spider Climb spell. The cloak grants her immunity to entrapment by Web spells or webs of any sort–she can actually move in webs at half her normal speed. Once per day, the wearer of this cloak can cast Web. She also gains a +2 luck bonus on all Fortitude saves vs poison from spiders.
Faint Conjuration, Illusion, and Transmutation; CL 6th; Craft Wondrous Item, Invisibility, Spider Climb, Web, Creator must be a Drow; Price 29,000gp; Weight 1 lb.

Necklace of the Retriever (Minor Artifact): This golden necklace is set with four large gems (ruby, diamond, blue sapphire, and obsidian), each valued at no less than 2,000gp each. The first three gems can emit, once per day, 60’ long rays of fire, cold, and lightning respectively, striking a single target and delivering 20d6 points of damage (Reflex DC 22, for half). The obsidian stone fires a ray of transmutation, which turns the victim into mud, stone, gold, or lead (determined randomly) unless a successful Fortitude save is made (DC 22), in which case there is no effect.
Caster level: 20th.

My version's of some of Jarlaxle's unique magic items.
Bracer of Throwing Daggers: This bracer is able to generate up to five +4 Daggers of Distance per round, if the dagger is not thrown by the end of the round it vanishes. This bracer does not take up an item slot.
Strong Conjuration, Divination, and Transmutation; CL: 16th; Craft Wondrous Item, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Greater Magic Weapon, Major Creation; Price 184,000 gp.

Jarlaxle’s Boots: These hard-heeled boot can make loud clicking noise as the wearer walks on any surface, or be so quiet that you don’t even know the wearer is there. These boots increases wearer’s base land speed by 30 ft (this is an enhancement bonus) and provides a +10 competence bonus to Balance, Move Silently, and Tumble checks.
Faint Evocation, Illusion, and Transmutation; CL: 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, Cat’s Grace, Expeditious Retreat, Shatter, Silence; Price 85,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Jarlaxle’s Cape: The wearer of this cape can cause it to display a shifting pattern of incredible hues, color after color cascading from the upper part of the cape to the hem in sparkling rainbows of dazzling light. The colors daze those near the wearer, conceal the wearer, and illuminate the surroundings. It takes 1 full round after the wearer speaks the command word for the colors to start flowing on the cape. The colors create the equivalent of a gaze attack with a 30-foot range. Those who look at the wearer are dazed for 1d4+1 rounds (Will DC 16 negates). This is a mind-affecting pattern effect.
Every round of continuous scintillation of the cape gives the wearer better concealment. The miss chance on attacks against the wearer starts at 10% and increases by 10% each round until it reaches 50% (total concealment).
The effect can be used no more than a total of 10 rounds per day.
The cape grants the wearer a +10 competence bonus to Hide checks.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber, based on material from Menzoberranzan boxed set and modified Robe of Scintillating Colors.
Faint Illusion; CL: 11th; Craft Wondrous Item, Blur, Invisibility, Rainbow Pattern; Price 32,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Jarlaxle’s Eyepatch: This magical eyepatch can generate a Fireball once per day upon command, the Fireball deals 10d6 points of damage (Reflex DC 16 half), half of the damage is fire damage, and the other half is divine damage that affects even targets resistant to fire. Additionally once per day the wearer can command the eyepatch to generate Fear (Will 17 for partial).
The eyepatch grants a +10 competence bonus to Search and Spot checks. The eyepatch shields the wearer’s thoughts granting immunity to Detect Thoughts, Discern Lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment.
Strong Divination, Evocation, and Necromancy; CL: 12th; Craft Wondrous Item, Corrupt Spell, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Fear, Fireball, Nondetection, True Seeing; Price 85,200 gp.

Some weapons featured in the Wild Magic adventure that was part of the Menzoberranzan boxed set.
Dagger of Stone Death: This +4 dagger allows the wielder to use both a Poison effect (as the spell, save DC 17) and Flesh to Stone effect (as the spell, save DC 19) upon a creature struck by the blade once per day. The wielder can decide to use the power after he has struck. Doing so is a free action, but the Poison effect and Flesh to Stone effect must be invoked in the same round that the dagger strikes.
Source: Menzoberranzan boxed set, converted to 3.5E by Joseph Weber.
Strong Necromancy and Transmutation; CL 12th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Flesh to Stone, Poison; Price 80,302 gp.

Mace of Blinding: Those struck by this +2 Heavy Mace must make a Fort save (DC 13) or be permanently blinded.
Moderate Necromancy; CL 6th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Blindness/Deafness; Price 20,312 gp; Weight 8 lb.

The Whip of Fangs used by Vendes Baenre.
Scourge of Ebony Fangs: This +2 Scourge has additional properties, refer to Serpent Kingdoms for full details on a Scourge of Fangs. In addition to its normal properties, Vendes’ scourge also transforms her victims to Ebony (Fort DC 22) or be permanently transformed.
Source: Created by Joseph Weber, based on material from Menzoberranzan boxed set and Serpent Kingdoms.
Strong Necromancy and Transmutation; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Animate Objects, Bestow Curse, Flesh to Stone, Polymorph Any Object; Price 288,000 gp; Weight 5 lb.

The magical "pitchfork" used by Shakti Hunzrin, rival of Liriel Baenre.
Trident of Lightning: This +3 Shock Trident is covered with arcane runes. It has the ability, upon command, to shoot a Lightning Bolt (9d6 Electricity, Reflex DC 15 for half) from the tip up to 5 times per day.
Source: Daughter of the Drow novel series, adapted to 3.5E by Joseph Weber.
Moderate Evocation; CL: 9th; Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Lightning Bolt; Price: 80,915 gp.

The Ring of Antivenom that Matron Baenre had made from a King of Mithral Hall, trapping his spirit within his tooth.
Matron Baenre’s Ring of Antivenom: This ring carved from the tooth of a dwarven king renders the wearer immune to all natural poisons and grants her a +5 resistance bonus on saving throws against any magic or supernatural poison. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week before it will function again.
The spirit of the dwarven king (Gandalug Battlehammer) is trapped within the tooth, Matron Baenre will summon him from time to obtain information about Mithril Hall or to just torment him.
Source: Underdark (for the magical properties)
Moderate Conjuration; CL 7th; Forge Ring, Neutralize Poison; Price 60,000 gp.

News of the Weird

Edited by - warlockco on 05 Jan 2005 17:20:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page