Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Which race do you prefer?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Lysander
Acolyte

Greece
25 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  22:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Lysander's Homepage Send Lord Lysander a Private Message  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Well every race has advantages and drawbacks. But which one do you prefer?

Choices:

Human
Elves
Dwarves
Gnomes
Halflings
Half-Elves
Aasimar
Tiefling
Genasi
Half-Orcs

(Anonymous Vote)

-Beware...
-Why?
-The storm gets closer...
-So?
-So beware...

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:06:45  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message
I choose Elves because I always try to think about creating an elf. Now sometimes that just isn't feasible so I end up picking something else. I'm a big fan of anything human. But if it came down to it and the DM let me I would always pick Dragon. What is not to love about them? Lots of advantages and little to no drawbacks. (From my perspective anyway.)

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:10:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
I picked humans, although there really is no race in particular that I prefer. I use what race comes into my mind at the time.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

maelstrom58
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:14:04  Show Profile  Visit maelstrom58's Homepage Send maelstrom58 a Private Message
I've got to say humans, with dwarves coming in at a close second. I just appreciate the sense of duty that is more common in the two than elves, halflings, gnomes or half-orcs. I dislike chaos so incredibly much that it isn't funny. Of course, seeing as how my sole character at the moment is NE and couldn't care less about the law or honor, maybe I shouldn't be talking. He is still human, though.
Go to Top of Page

D-brane
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:16:28  Show Profile  Visit D-brane's Homepage Send D-brane a Private Message
Isn't there already a thread like this in the general discussion section?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:58:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by D-brane

Isn't there already a thread like this in the general discussion section?

Indeed, there is. You can go with the regular discussion, Favorite Race in the realms, or you can go with the existing poll, Favorite Race. Since this one is a poll, I'd recommend the latter scroll.

As we have two scrolls to choose from for this discussion, I'm going to close this one.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000