Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Druidic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  21:15:07  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any sources or other info on Druidic, the secret language of the druids?

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  22:23:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only place I can really think of any is in the 2e Druids Handbook... otherwise the language really hasn't been detailed. I bet Ed has notes though. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  23:30:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's one or two (very brief) tidbits in the 1e/2e FR boxed sets... otherwise, this does indeed sound like a question for Ed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Aureus
Learned Scribe

Luxembourg
125 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  14:21:41  Show Profile Send Aureus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks, I'll post the question there

That is not the weirdest thing that happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  19:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or try scouring the web... I have found the drow, dwarf and elven languages on websites not directly linked to the official Realms pages.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  23:29:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only problem with that is, you're more likely to find fan-based lore on the druidic language... rather than anything official for the Realms.

I'd just wait to see what Ed comes back with.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  23:03:56  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a good idea... An let us know what you come up with. Sounds interesting.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  03:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oy. I responded to this on Ed's scroll and suggested asking Tom Costa, who dealt with Druidic in his long-ago, "Linguistics of Faerun" article. I don't think any product published since then has contracdicted what he wrote of Druidic.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000