Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Miyeritar: Sources?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  00:13:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can someone point me to ANY sources of information about this kingdom? I mean, aside from the tiny bit we learn from the Crown Wars.

There is VERY little available about this Realm, any help at all would be appreciated. I heard that it had/has some connection to Hellgate Keep? Not sure about that though. I also remember something about someone wanting to pillage ancient Miyeritar graves, but I don't remember where I saw that either.

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

---Thanx, Mark

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  00:21:36  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lost Empires of Faerun has abit of info another source of info is Steven Schends Blackstaff novel

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  00:27:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Cormanthyr supplement also, which is available as a free PDF download at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  00:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven's great novel Blackstaff has also some great info on this lost realm.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  03:41:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'll be picking up blackstaff tomorrow, thanks folks.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  15:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Aside from the lore, it's a great book anyway.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  02:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:

Aside from the lore, it's a great book anyway.

I agree - a must read for all Realms fans!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  05:43:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love books that are both story AND sourcebook combined. I just finished Evermeet, which was fantastic as both a novel AND an Elven history. I also just fished Elminster in Hell which gave lots of juicy snatches taken from everywhere AND everywhen in the Realms. Those are my favorite kind of stories, so if this is more like that then I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks All for your input.

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Feb 2007 05:44:05
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  11:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I love books that are both story AND sourcebook combined. I just finished Evermeet, which was fantastic as both a novel AND an Elven history. I also just fished Elminster in Hell which gave lots of juicy snatches taken from everywhere AND everywhen in the Realms. Those are my favorite kind of stories, so if this is more like that then I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks All for your input.

I loved those books, too, and for the same reasons! Lots of tiny tidbits and details of Realmslore... if you have already read the whole 'Elminster'-series, I can also warmly recommed Ed's 'Cormyr: A Novel' (which I consider to be the BEST FR novel so far - both in terms of lore and content). Actually, I snatched a lot of details and history (=hand-outs :) from that book for my Cormyr-campaign

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000