Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Realmslore Poll Part 1: parameters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  21:00:30  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a more official note...

I plan on letting this thread go for a week. Hopefully, Alaundo will be able to weigh in on it at the end of the week when he returns. This should give folks more than enough time to discuss the parameters of this poll and become familiar with them before we get on to the nomination process.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  23:15:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Sorry Walker, had to say this.

Yes, people might not know of Keep...
Certainly, before Ed and Elaine's CoS novel, this is quite true. However, I think that, given the Candlekeep dedication in the novel many more people, now, at least know Candlekeep, as a website, exists... and the potential for more lore is an actual reality.

Besides... thanks to Kuje, myself and a few others at the official FR WotC message boards, nearly every poster there is at least aware that Ed, through THO, sends replies to questions asked by scribes at Candlekeep. And we are talking about the official FR boards, with one of the largest FR community bases on the web. I've also seen and mentioned Ed's replies on several other FR and non-specific FR forums I also visit. Word has passed in the last three years about what Ed does here, it's rather well-known by now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Jan 2007 23:17:36
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  23:17:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And, putting on my mod hat for a moment, I'd just like to remind all scribes to remain civil in this discussion. We haven't crossed any lines yet, but the last few posts have the potential to spark further arguments. Thus, it was appropriate to leave a warning regardless.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  15:35:07  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless any serious questions as to the nomination process are raised in the next 48 hours, I will be opening the Next thread in this process Sunday.

Lets remember that we need to develop our thoughts a bit in order to make clear our intentions for our topic. Below I have provided an example nomination that is succinct, yet well developed. I am certain that most of the scribes and sages will find such an example to be redundant, but it may help some newer or younger members of these forums. Note that there is no format requirement, this is just an example.

The Mines of Tethymar
The Mines of Tethymar are an oft mentioned, but little described portion of the Forgotten Realms that appears in a region that gets the lion's share of print. How were the Dwarves of Tethymar distinct from other Shield Dwarves, and what are they doing today to retain their cultural distinctiveness? What materials did the mines produce, and how much yet remains? How might re-opening the Mines affect the regional economy? What manner of guardians or denizens prevent the re-opening/reclaimation of the mines?

In this example, if it were nominated (and seconded), the title would be the option appearing on the poll. This example provides very clearly what the nominator is interested in, and leaves open the option for a multi-article treatment. Finally, it is broad enough to allow Ed some wiggle room and does not request information dependent upon the rules of the current edition.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 26 Jan 2007 15:40:08
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2007 :  20:14:47  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great idea Walker! I look forward to following this thread closely and will start thinking of a suitable topic to suggest! Thanks for taking point on this project...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000