Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "Its Realms I Swear" -- Promise of the Witch King
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  06:02:26  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First I would like to apologize to the scribes...haha...for getting two threads locked if not more that i just can't remember, i swear i dont try it and i just find this such a good place and you such opinion filled and knowledgable(sp?) people that i cant help but bring up completly non-relevent topics....so once again im sorry! lol for all the problems i cause....and my new years resolution is to stop getting off of FR and not get any threads closed...but to make this an FR topic and not just a fun little apology im reading Promise of a Witch King and i like where he's going with the whole Artemis starting to be a bit more compasionate...im sure a lot of you didnt like that but im a really wussy and i always like the nice guy in books and i like when bad guys become nice guys etc....i know thats crazy?....have any opinions on the book?

P.S. i swear i'll behave scribes

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.

Edited by - The Sage on 02 Jan 2007 11:05:13

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  11:04:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm shifting this to the FR Novels section. Sorry Genis...

Additionally, you might want to take a look through this particular shelf, as there are already scrolls dedicated to the discussion of PotWK.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 02 Jan 2007 11:06:04
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  01:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you just wont leave me alone with you! lol....once again sorry *dips into a low bow*

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  01:31:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apologies aren't necessary, Genis.

You're still a relatively new scribe, so I can accept that you may sometimes not know exactly where to open a scroll.

'Tis not a big deal.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  04:07:36  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished this Novel. very good IMO. I would be glad to discuss it more, once you get further along in your reading of this, to avoid possible spoilers
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  05:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too would enjoy discussing this book.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  06:17:09  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

I too would enjoy discussing this book.

Charles, you have been away for a while. welcome back to the keep
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  08:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I was pretty much off Forgotten Realms for awhile. The death of a certain character pretty much left me feeling a bit adrift and my friends had switched gameworlds. Then, I picked up the Sojourn comics and Road of the Patriarch. That lead me back Realmswise.

Edited by - Charles Phipps on 03 Jan 2007 21:15:38
Go to Top of Page

Dremvek
Seeker

70 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  17:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Dremvek's Homepage Send Dremvek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ONce again, Charles, mark your spoilers please!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  21:04:39  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THEY KILLED KHELBEN?! You mean he finally kicked the bucket? That's like...Like...When they killed off Macros the Black...WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? *sigh* There goes life's constants...Well, anyway, to stay on topic(yes, I have suffered much chastisment and know not to anger the gods...Ey, 'moderators'), I nearly threw a party when Artemis befriended Dwahvel Tiggerwillies! It proves that he's not hopeless after all...But that was the last book...And I already mentioned I don't have PotWK...Yet...So you're fifteen chapters ahead of me, give or take...*shakes fist*

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  21:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, thought it was common knowledge by now.

I'll alter the post.

Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  21:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, well, everyone knows I'm way behind by now...*resigned sigh* Ah, well, I'll mourn Khelben's death after I mull through all this reading I've got to get done...*closet door cracks open and a mountain of books comes tumbling down* Eek!

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  00:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am behind on my FR reading...i am not only reletively new to this site im reletively new to FR....for the most part...and yes i would love to discuss the book with you guys when i finish....but i do think they are going a little overboard with Artemis's sudden feelings in some cases...but i suppose its just the flute...thing....and ive noticed him drinking several times this book and i swear in a previous book he mentioned not drinking ever or much because of it dulling his senses....so is this a subtle sign he is loosing some of his touch or whatever....or is it just that Salvatore forgot or didnt even notice that not drinking thing?....or maybe i just dreamed up him not drinking ever in the first place....eh....thoughts on my ramblings please! lol

Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  00:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My best explanation is that even Artemis needs a drink after being with Jarlaxle for any length of time. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  04:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha.....that could be very true....but we all know Artemis enjoys his new friend more then he lets on too....hes just too damn badass to let anyone know that he has a friend lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000