Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Do You Want a Candlekeep meet ????
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  23:37:41  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LucianBarasu

what are the dates?
because I am looking to come to europe in 07 but sometime in august.

It appears that is
quote:
Spiele 07: Essen, Germany, 18-21 October 2007

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 22 Dec 2006 23:39:04
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  02:42:20  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe planning on meeting the day prior to Gen Con or getting on the schedule for a Candlekeep Meet-N-Greet one of the mornings. Another idea would be for one of us to take reservations for a meal together downtown. If there was enough people and money was collected for the event, one could arrange for a small catered get together. I work in Indianapolis and am willing to volunteer my time toward making something like that work.

Evilknight

Danali Index
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  02:50:21  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EvilKnight

Maybe planning on meeting the day prior to Gen Con or getting on the schedule for a Candlekeep Meet-N-Greet one of the mornings. Another idea would be for one of us to take reservations for a meal together downtown. If there was enough people and money was collected for the event, one could arrange for a small catered get together. I work in Indianapolis and am willing to volunteer my time toward making something like that work.

Evilknight

Dunno, the problem, as I saw it, with meeting the day before Gencon is some of us didn't fly in or drive in until the day of Gencon. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  06:55:15  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I think somehow getting a table/room dedicated for us would be awesome! With the anniversary of the Realms I think it would also be some great promotion for us!

I actually brought printouts of the Candlekeep Compendiums to GenCon this year - and I think it would be a great idea to do that in '07.

I think my costs to get to the con were incredibly cheap - sharing a car ride as well as hotel space - I'm pretty sure my expenses were under $400US.

I would very much like to go back again - but I cannot commit as of now. However - I would put even more effort into going were some of the candlekeep site luminaries able to attend themselves. :)

Time will tell, I guess.

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  11:30:27  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we should definately arrange something for this coming year, a party.

With lots of food and beer!

The best seems to be localised meets for those within easy reach.

All we need is organisers in:

Europe

USA

Australia

and other areas of the world,

I suggest a prominent member from each area should arrange his / her own venue but the date should coinside with all the other meets.

I hope this works out for next year

I would bust a gut to get to the europe one.

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  11:34:45  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aglaranna

But it would be worth it to see Delz's kilt! And all the rest of you folks, too, of course.

To forestall any questions:

A: Yes I am scottish

B: Nothing.......

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  14:49:01  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To ask the questions that need asking:

A. Are you deserving to wear a kilt?

B. Is there anything under the kilt?

That's funny cause he said "Nothing". meaning NOTHING is under the kilt..tsk tsk tsk

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  02:35:17  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Listen you put something together in Europe or in jolly ol England, and make it for like...fall/winter of 07, My hawaiian @$$ will fly over there...but if I come all the way to hang with my fellow candlekeepers, Who happen to also play D&D, we are gaming at some point.
(then after we break, we go out hit the pubs, rob old ladies, blame the American etc...)

I planned on coming over there and doing a touristy Castle tour around my home island...Ireland sometime in 07 anyway. fall/winter would be perfect ( i need to save like 3,000 bucks yet. i'd be staying like a week or two.) so yeah count me in if you do it fall/winter 07.

(and Delz, if we all go out to a pub, I will not draw you pics of your battlerager on beer napkins..so don't ask hehe.)

Yeah and bring your creons Lucian because i want my mapkin-picture of rannek to be in color.....how will you find the time to drink your guiness!?

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  02:42:35  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme
Yeah and bring your creons Lucian because i want my mapkin-picture of rannek to be in color.....how will you find the time to drink your guiness!?

Crayon in one hand, Guinness in the other. :) come on man think like a dwarf!

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  23:07:04  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

To ask the questions that need asking:

A. Are you deserving to wear a kilt?

B. Is there anything under the kilt?

That's funny cause he said "Nothing". meaning NOTHING is under the kilt..tsk tsk tsk

sarky git

I am a true scots man, and I wear nothing under my kilt as should be.

Re: Devils in Skirts!!!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  23:18:46  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Question

Is this going to happen?

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  23:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said, I will play host to anyone who wants to attend the Spiel 2007 in Essen, Germany. I live about 30 minutes by train away from the fair grounds, and when you get a ticket you can drive there for free, if you so choose to.

Plus, I know for us Europeans are a couple century old cities no biggie, but should somebody from another continent wanna stay here, 3 castles (ok, one in ruins but still) and an old city that consists of about 150 buildings being older than the US.

My place ain't big, but I can house as I said before at least 6 people... maybe more.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  00:10:03  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am seriously trying to set this up but need support from everyone!

How does this sound????

Gen Con UK 2007

Thursday 30th August 2007
-
Sunday 2nd September 2007

University of Reading
Berkshire, England

please post if you are interested!

I am trying to get this going......

PS IT'S MY WEDDING ANIVERSARY ON THE 30TH SO MAKE IT THE WEEKEND

31ST - 2ND

Delz

http://www.consupport.com/index.asp?Con=61

I'm Back!

Edited by - Delzounblood on 11 Feb 2007 00:32:52
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  00:24:51  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still hoping to be able to scrape together enough to go to GenCon Indy this year, and hopefully will find some of you this year (my ex wife and her lawyer got in the way of last year's visit), but I doubt I'll be visiting the UK this year, much as I'd like to do so.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  00:39:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be visiting the UK in late July-early August, mostly for work purposes and to catch up with the Lady K's extended family.

It might be a stretch, but I could try and re-schedule for a little later in the month. I make no promises though...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  02:21:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grin

Sorry, can't get together enough money to fly overseas since I'm still paying for 06's Gencon. I'd love to go to 07's but it turns out I have a wedding to go to (no, not mine!) in the middle of Gencon 07's weekend.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  03:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I'm actually quite interested in going to GenCon UK, but I'll wait to see what sort of events are announced. Would be my first time going to one, so what could I expect? Do many of the FR Designers manage to make it across to England, for instance?
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  07:21:28  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly is, I believe, the closest to me. We're both in Florida, however he lives down in south or central florida, while I live in LA (Lower Alabama), Florida. I know that there are others spread around the area here, but none that are regular posters.

One of these years I will just up and tell the wife that I'm going to Atlanta to the ComicCon, and if I really get serious it will be a trip to Indianapolis to GenCon. It may take a few years for that, however, since I have to wait for the Bears to go to Indy and beat the Colts so I can have at least a little revenge for the SuperBowl defeat.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  11:35:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Hmm. I'm actually quite interested in going to GenCon UK, but I'll wait to see what sort of events are announced. Would be my first time going to one, so what could I expect? Do many of the FR Designers manage to make it across to England, for instance?

Well met

Certainly not on the scale of US GENCON's. Ed has been in the past and ran a seminar (which was thoroughly enjoyable ), but designer attendance tends to be quite sparse. We'll have to wait for the announcements though.

I'll certainly be attending GENCON UK. I'd love to be able to attend GENCON Indy this year but it's looking a little more unlikely now

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  16:20:40  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK some interest

All we need is more people to say there up for it.

If The cost of GenCon UK is going to add to much to this we are flexible, It would be a shame to miss Sage by a week or two so idea's and other possible venues..

or a good show of hands for the GenCon UK idea.

I know I'm in.
and Alaundo

Prehaps if we make a good show of hands some or even one of the designers can "expense" a trip to the UK ?????

Any takers?

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  16:21:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Wooly is, I believe, the closest to me. We're both in Florida, however he lives down in south or central florida, while I live in LA (Lower Alabama), Florida. I know that there are others spread around the area here, but none that are regular posters.

Central Florida, east coast. The Space Coast area -- I'm about half an hour south of Daytona. If you look at a map, there's a spot half-way down where the state bulges outward, just a bit. That's where I am.

I may be going to Atlanta in a month or two, but it's work-related.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  18:33:13  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Central Florida, east coast. The Space Coast area -- I'm about half an hour south of Daytona. If you look at a map, there's a spot half-way down where the state bulges outward, just a bit. That's where I am.

I may be going to Atlanta in a month or two, but it's work-related.

I happen to be in Port St. Lucie right now, just having helped my parents move up from Boca Raton. I'm going to start making my way back to TX on Tues with a stopover in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Maybe we could do lunch or something

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  17:53:19  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me and Dwarvenranger get together every Friday night for our weekly game... so we have very frequent Candlekeep Meets. heheh

Anyone that cares to join our Meet is free to. There are no Cons in South Texas (maybe up in San Antonio), but we have beaches and lots of Mexican Food! Granted, most of it is Jalisco Style, or plain ole Tex-Mex, but its good!

Delzounblood, over in the states I've noticed that lots of folks give their dwarves scottish accents... what accents do you give them in Scotland?

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011

Edited by - WalkerNinja on 13 Feb 2007 17:57:02
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  11:22:00  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WalkerNinja

Delzounblood, over in the states I've noticed that lots of folks give their dwarves scottish accents... what accents do you give them in Scotland?

Have you ever heard of Rab. C. Nesbit

A very rough, Beer swilling, swearing, society dropout, no job & unwashed Glaswegen.

Think Drunk, Rough, Scottish Accent, hardley recognisable as speach!

Or as I speak every day!!!!

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  12:30:56  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said before, I can provide sleeping space for a couple of people, hell, if anyone living outside Europe needs a place to stay (and provided he helps keeping the fridge filled!) can crash at my place as well.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  14:26:26  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
y'know, reading through this thread...

I didn't know that Wooly got banned from the WotC forums! When I clicked on the link that holds his story, it was a dead link. Time for a re-telling!

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  14:30:39  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't know that Wooly got banned from the WotC forums! When I clicked on the link that holds his story, it was a dead link. Time for a re-telling!

Aye What could a little furry space hamster do to get banned??

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  15:34:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

quote:

It's kinda amusing because they have now retracted, or so I heard, the reason why he got banned. You can now talk about novels as long as you don't get insulting/criticize the authors.

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  16:47:35  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it would be difficult to get many members together. We have people from all over the world. Even if we choose England (what is a good choise for me) we can't have any change that people from the USA shall come.

If you want a meeting I go to York about a few months with a few rpg friends (2 of them are on Candlekeep)
:-p
Go to Top of Page

D-brane
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  23:31:10  Show Profile  Visit D-brane's Homepage Send D-brane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

quote:

It's kinda amusing because they have now retracted, or so I heard, the reason why he got banned. You can now talk about novels as long as you don't get insulting/criticize the authors.

There's just way too much criticism in general on those boards. It's why I don't visit anymore and, also, I heard it's why you don't visit anymore either Kuje31.

I'll admit I was a little curious about things over there a few days ago, so I decided to visit. What a mistake. Can you believe they're all still arguing about the plane changes made to the Realms. And, as usual, the poor Great Wheel supporters are shouted down . . . .

I'm glad that sort of thing doesn't happen here.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000