Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The most dangerous assassin in forgotten realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  18:08:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

I think that my vote has to go to Malak, Seraph of Lies, and Chosen of Cyric. He is willing to do anything, and I mean anything, if he thinks it is in the best interest of his god, even if his god disagrees with him. And he is running around with the heart of his god in his chest. Then again, he might not have gotten away from Ruha at the end of the RotAW. But I am betting that he did. I would so read another book with him as a key character.

Determination and willingness counts for a lot, but it doesn't replace skill. Malik can do a good amount, but I'm doubting he'd be all that capable an assassin.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  18:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I think that my vote has to go to Malak, Seraph of Lies, and Chosen of Cyric. He is willing to do anything, and I mean anything, if he thinks it is in the best interest of his god, even if his god disagrees with him. And he is running around with the heart of his god in his chest. Then again, he might not have gotten away from Ruha at the end of the RotAW. But I am betting that he did. I would so read another book with him as a key character.

Determination and willingness counts for a lot, but it doesn't replace skill. Malik can do a good amount, but I'm doubting he'd be all that capable an assassin.

Have you read Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad? He managed, through sheer dumb luck, to kill the one person that every Cyricist in the whole of Faerun was trying to kill. It is that dumb luck, and the favor of the god of murderers, that makes him so deadly. Anyways, that is just my opinion, no need for anyone to agree with it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 06 Nov 2007 18:33:38
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  19:28:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Have you read Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad? He managed, through sheer dumb luck, to kill the one person that every Cyricist in the whole of Faerun was trying to kill. It is that dumb luck, and the favor of the god of murderers, that makes him so deadly. Anyways, that is just my opinion, no need for anyone to agree with it.

I rather enjoy that book. But I don't see that a bit of dumb luck counts as skill. Malik may have committed murder, but he's not really an assassin.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  19:33:44  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shurruppak the reaper of unther, former chosen of gilream defines assassin.
His powers are sick. He could probably take out Entreri and Drizzt at the same time back with his 2e stats. 3e he was toned down a bit, but is still one of the best epic level NPC's. Detailed in the Epic level handbook.
Cut and Paste an old post of mine.
Shurrupak "The Reaper of Unther"

He was Gilgeams Chosen, his powers in 2e were permanent gifts, I know he had a Magic Resistance of 50%, and could produce about five Mirror Images of himself at a time, most of his natural ability scores were in the low twenties, these natural abilities themselves made him a walking semi-god king in the south...

Shurrupak was an insane monster before his diety got knocked off after the ToT, in one instance he was sent to a major city in Unther to put down a riot from the starving population, he succeded by dragging people out of their homes and executing them in the street until everybody shut up about the mass starvation of the city...

Shurrupak was a 20th level fighter / 7th level southern mage in the 2e days southern mage/priest = had access to the secret-script awesome southern "mulhorandi" spells, every PC wizard or priest in the 2e days would have betrayed their party to get to use some of these spells, me favorites are the Javelin, Devastate, Death Bolt, Magic Resistance, and all the Curse/Bane spells...

Shurrupak may also have access to some of the unique southern magical items like the Ring of Thunder, Chariot of Ra, Font of Time, Staff of Fury, Witchweed, and Jewel of Kxxxxxxx forgot it's name "it makes an exact duplicate of yourself magic items and all, including any artifacts carried for 48 hours, now that is an awesome item...

Shurrupak is one of the greatest fighters of the realm
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  21:14:54  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are too many...I think...Faerun is a Dangerous world...!.....

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Pharaun Mizzrym
Acolyte

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  02:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Pharaun Mizzrym's Homepage Send Pharaun Mizzrym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artemis Entreri, Predictable Answer but a logical one, Its not just his Skill or Level or equipment. He is a very Intellingent fighter and is able to improvise in almost any situation

Edited by - Pharaun Mizzrym on 20 Nov 2007 02:49:12
Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  02:50:39  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me too I think I would Say Entreri. Not because he would be the best... I'm really not shure of that, I know a few other character that would beat him rather... easily. But, in my opinion, he is the coolest and the more complex assasin. We are actualy able to undestand and even sympathise for him.
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  12:50:29  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artemis Entreri may or may not be the most dangerous assassin in the Realms, but I can think of several characters who are more dangerous *rogues* than him. Erevis Cale for one would kick Entreri's arse .
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  14:51:49  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, Shurruppak would take Entreri and Drizzt at the same time
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  15:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entreri is the most well-known assassin among FR fans, outside the setting. But within the setting, that doesn't mean very much.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000