Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 I have good news for Psionic and FR Fans!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  01:14:29  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay Dragon magazine is saying that they don't publish psionic related articles due to the lack of items being sent in to them. I propose that anyone who wishes to have psionic and FR material merged together would just have to submit it. Don't know if anyone is interested but if you are I look forward to it! Btw off subject a bit but has anyone ever published for Dragon?

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  01:20:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sure hope Dargoth is reading this!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  01:24:26  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VonRaventheDaring

Btw off subject a bit but has anyone ever published for Dragon?

Ed Greenwood, Steven Schend, Tom Costa, Eric Boyd, shall I go on?

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  01:46:16  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okay okay i ment non famous writers i ment everyday lovers of the realms that post on Candlekeep! Seesh i know i was to literal!

btw here is the thread i found this out

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser

Edited by - VonRaventheDaring on 19 Oct 2006 01:47:07
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  06:18:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Non-famous writers? That would be me. I've been published twice in Dragon, back in issue #277 and more recently in #346.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  06:59:09  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Non-famous writers? That would be me. I've been published twice in Dragon, back in issue #277 and more recently in #346.

-- George Krashos

You need to submit more. I enjoyed the Impiltur article (well, all things Impilturan I guess).

Edit: Oh, I see you have made some inquiries. Good, good.

quote:
Originally posted by VonRaventheDaring
Okay Dragon magazine is saying that they don't publish psionic related articles due to the lack of items being sent in to them. I propose that anyone who wishes to have psionic and FR material merged together would just have to submit it. Don't know if anyone is interested but if you are I look forward to it! Btw off subject a bit but has anyone ever published for Dragon?

This reminds me of an idea I had a while back, somewhat psionics and Realms related. I do not expect to get a positive answer to my inquiry, never been published, don't think I ever will. Though, I do hope it will serve as a sincere sign to Dragon that demand exists for this topic.

Edited by - Archwizard on 19 Oct 2006 07:11:00
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  07:33:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've also been mulling over a psionics article submission - set in Impiltur of course! Might have to pop in another query - oh and buy the Expanded Psionics Handbook while I'm at it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  09:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've also been mulling over a psionics article submission - set in Impiltur of course! Might have to pop in another query - oh and buy the Expanded Psionics Handbook while I'm at it.

-- George Krashos

Lol your a bit behind the times George you'll have to get Complete Psioncist as well

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  13:18:12  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although George, if you just need to be able to see the rudimentary psionic information, its all in the SRD, nicely compiled in this site:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/psionicRacesClassesSkillsSpells.htm
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  21:03:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>>I've also been mulling over a psionics article submission - set in Impiltur of course! >>Might have to pop in another query - oh and buy the Expanded Psionics Handbook while I'm at >>it.

I've always wondered about the "Cloaks" of Mulmaster. In 2nd edition they were wizards that delved into mind-probing and divination magics. I could definitely see a secretive group of psions in their numbers.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2006 :  21:06:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In fact, speaking of the "Brotherhood of the Cloak", this group makes for a great group that has begun the merging of magic and psionics (ala, cerebremancers). Perhaps this is why they are so adamant about hunting down defectors... to keep their secret lore secret.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000