Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Lies of Light: Chapters 23 - 33
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  17:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Lies of Light, book 2 of The Watercourse Trilogy, by Philip Athans. Please discuss chapters 23-33 herein:

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2006 :  00:49:51  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder what Rymut is up to. Its obvious that if he wanted to kill off Ivar, he could, but yet he is harassing the project with black firedrakes instead of pulling out the big guns. Is it because he doesn't want to be suspected? I imagine it wouldn't make a big difference in Innarlith, but now that Cormyr and Chondath are involved, perhaps he is being more careful, or maybe he just wants to mess with the construction, but before he didn't seem too thrilled about its creation, even if he were to aid someone else taking over the project. And again, while I liked this section, Ivar's combat savant abilities just rankle me a bit.

Salatis' deity hopping is funny, as was the discussion of Waukeen's worship by the Ransar's aides. Not exactly the most polished coins in the purse, were they? I still think that Rymut's backing of Salatis is just an in between measure, perhaps even just a trial run to see if he could back a blithering idiot and place them in the Ransar's palace.

Willem is entirely too focused on Weasels. Wonderful way to try out a new "charisma booster" that your Red Wizard friend has given you, try to entertain party guests with weasel trivia . . . it was actually kind of funny though, especially when the other guests were wondering if they were suppose to learn about their animals as well.

Interesting now that we are starting to see what I would imagine is some Zhentarim interest in the Canal as well. It was fun to see a banelar in action, especially against a naga, and interesting to see what a naga's opinion of a banelar is (not that I expected it to be very high).
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  19:01:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once asked myself, "When will the canal be finished?" ---Not because I found the story engaging, but because I wanted it to END!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000