Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Goblin ears
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  02:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok. I was wonder a bit an odd something... Are goblin ears edible? I was playing on the nwn alfa and saw goblin ear soup.... I felt this was a bit odd.

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  02:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this is a very insane thing to ask :)
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  04:14:49  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say the ears are edible, perhaps rare for humans to do, but I am sure orcs are ready to do this any time such food becomes available.

All in all all flesh is eatible and goblins are made of flesh. It tends to come down to race predudice about eating huminiod fleash. Oh if MM indicates flesh is poison that only slows down eating process Purify Food and Water or Cure Poisin, etc. still makes such flesh eatible.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  07:13:57  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if eating goblin I would at least cook it properly as the parts of meat from most carnivores can be poisonous for humans. The ears would of course not fall in to that category. I have a feeling that goblin meat is rather harsh in taste though.

After that rather gruesome start to my day I need some coffee.
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  12:12:50  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
he he i guess that you would have to be a odd fellow to loke that kind of food!! but then again garlic fixes anything!! :D I suppose that gobbos meat have go into the category flesh of intelligent beings, thats a big no no for good persons.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  13:37:55  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No idea about the ears, but a Cormyrean soldier in Death of the Dragon (or, possibly, Beyond the High Road) remarks to a comrade that he has a nice recipe for goblin brain.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000