Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Finding an FR group
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  11:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

As I have mentioned on a number of occasions I have unfortunately never played AD&D FR 'proper'. I was wondering if anyone knows of a website or magazine or whatever which lists RPG groups and the type of games which they play (preferably in the Southern UK - don't want to have to commute too far!). I will be moving up to London in October so hopefully should be able to find one then if not before!

Thanks,

Alexis

P.S. If anyone can direct me to a suitable list of PBEmail groups as well that would be good...preferably ones with spaces free on them and that don't mind novice players!!

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  15:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you can find a number of Forgotten Realms PBeM's at:

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Games/Role_Playing_Games/Individual_Games/Dungeons_and_Dragons/Forgotten_Realms?show_groups=1

(sorry, I forgot how to insert the hyperlink into a word like 'here'.)

I don't know of any of the other sites you were looking for, however.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  16:17:10  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should contact Mumadar, he's the one when it deals about PBeM.
And for the 'here', [ url="www.adress.com"]here[/url] without the space between [ and url
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:39:18  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merci beaucoup zemd,

Drummerboy's link is indeed a good one. It takes you to a list of active and inactive PbeM games. Visiting the homepages of the listed games often provides enough information to see whether or not a game is active or ehm... sleeping.

Typically an e-mail to the list-owner asking whether or not new submissions are accepted suffices. Prepare to be put on a 'lurker-list' first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000