Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Gen Con Australia
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  07:34:46  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
No George and Sage I kid you not

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21989

Admitedly its not until 2008 but still

*Wonders if we can get Ed down here for it*

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  07:56:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flock.

Man, I'm e-mailing Ed, Steven, Tom and Eric tonight.

It goes without saying that I'll likely attend - but only if there is an FR presence or something like the seminars held at GEN-CON proper.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  08:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont see why we cant get Ed/Steven/Eric/Tom down here, Andy Collins and Gwendolyn Kestrel are going to be out in Australia in October for Spring Revel in Sydney

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  13:21:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I heard about this on the CBT boards.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic.

As for Ed being there... he once told me in a reply here at Candlekeep that if GenCon could ever get its act together in Australia (and, time permitting for him) he'd try and make it over.

Anyways... I'm marking my calendar at work right now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  18:53:22  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

While only living a scant 10 hour drive from INdy, I am also excited about this! I am excited - because it begins to equalize the experience for our Australian members, but if I could find a way to scrape the coin together - I'd love to go! My opinion would be that it would be a bit smaller than the 35,000+ people supposedly at GenCon a couple of weeks ago - and therefore would feel less crowded and cramped. I'd like to get back to Sydney again - and check in on the store I helped open there too! Meeting some of the FR people-in-the-know from that neck of the woods would be neat too. Alas - the cost would probably be too cost-prohibitive. However - I'll keep it in the back of my mind!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  19:29:41  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw. It just keeps getting further away. ;)

But, good show for you Aussie people!

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2006 :  01:07:00  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like good news for those Down Under.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000