Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 New at this kinda thing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elereta
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:58:44  Show Profile  Visit elereta's Homepage Send elereta a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail and well met to you all! I hope your days have been happy ones filled with laughter and happiness! But enough rambling, I am new here so forgive me if I make stupid mistakes, just saying hello really, so HELLO!!

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  22:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Honor,
Please don't be afraid to make mistakes and being new to all of this, because so am I. /smiles happily So, you are among friends. Please sit back and ask all the questions you want, because there are some knowledgeable people here. I also see you have join us at the inn which is a wonderful place to start. Again, welcome to Candlekeep.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  22:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry. Alaundo's bite may be worse than his bark, but at least he doesn't bark often!

So don't worry. A lot of us were new when we started, too. Actually, I'm still new. (Don't let the post count fool you, I'm just really hard to shut up. )

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  22:21:16  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Elereta. I also hope that your days are met with laughter and cheer.
I would like to salute you in coming into these blessed walls. Oh and run before Alaundo sees you (You owe him a 5000gp book as a token of your learning). Run quickly before he catches you. Ill try to Hold him up.
Look Alaundo i found this new scroll, its all dusty and eh wet! lol
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  02:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

<snip> A lot of us were new when we started, too. Actually, I'm still new. (Don't let the post count fool you, I'm just really hard to shut up. )

*laughs* Indeed Bookwyrm! Indeed. *grins evilly* You know I'm just kidding.

Anywho, Well met and Welcome elereta! I hope your stay at Candlekeep is an enjoyable one. If ever you need anything, feel free to ask and the scribes (myself included) will try to help ya.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  03:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Elereta! Welcome to these hallowed halls of knowledge. don't feel embarrased to make mistakes. As you can see, there are more than a few of us who are also new at this. Just remember to have fun with it all. Also remember that there are plenty of friendly scribes to help with any questions you might have, me among them. Although I don't know how much help I could be as I am also extremely new at this as well, but I'll try if asked!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  07:50:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elereta.

Damn, there are a lot of newbies those days
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  14:20:00  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, elereta. I hope you enjoy your stay here and find all the knowledge you seek.
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  17:57:26  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, hello.
Go to Top of Page

elereta
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2003 :  22:19:28  Show Profile  Visit elereta's Homepage Send elereta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So many welcomes, and here I am expecting nothing or to be told to shut up, truly all people here are the kings and queens of existence, so basically, thanks for the hello's!
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  06:42:35  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and Well Met elereta

Welcome to this the greatest of all the libraries in the Realms.

If ever you need help in locating the information you seek, you have but to ask.

Enjoy your stay,

Artalis

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  18:11:53  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WEll met!

I don't think you have to fear a scolding of 'SHUT UP' here, unless you are being a wee bit too loud for those trying to study. but since we all know how to keep our voices down, you will just be welcomed with warmth. Again WELL MET!

*ooof* Sorry that was a bit loud....

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Durnam
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  23:27:05  Show Profile  Visit Durnam's Homepage Send Durnam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ooc= one thing i don't understand is how much we should post???Anyone know?

" Live life to the fullest, my friend...you'll one day die"
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  23:37:04  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Durnam

Do you mean how much stuff should should you write in your intro? Most people seem to just say "Hi, this me, I'm glad to be here" or something similar. I don't think there's a hard limit on it, within reason.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  03:13:37  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, elereta, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

And yet another scribe joins our ranks.

quote:
Origianaly posted by: Durnam

I don't quite understand what your saying. But if it's about you wanting to make your own "welcome" scroll, then as branmakmuffin said, just introduce yourself and say hi.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  23:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess you can post as much as you want, as long as you don't make them like two words long or something...

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2003 :  11:43:53  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope your stay here is a pleasant one

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2003 :  12:49:54  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister

Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope your stay here is a pleasant one

TDM

Do you have a canned response or something? Three Active Topics in a row with your name on them, and each of them with the exact same post . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000