Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Baerauble Of Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  08:09:25  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there anyone on these boards that writes/designs NPC stats? If so can he/she possibly do so for Baerauble of Cormyr, if you cant do the whole thing just his levels and his CR and his spells per day count. This would be greatly appreciated, tho if not dont sweat it. To help you along Baerauble of Cormyr or Baerauble Etharr was talked about not only in novels but also written in Dragon Magazine issue 279(80) entitled the "Lost Treasures of Cormyr" written by Ed Greenwood D&D3. I dont have this issue and therefore dont no if he is stated here or if he is just mentoned, Tempus thanks you!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  11:02:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm, you do know he's dead, don't you?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  13:22:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atlas689

I dont have this issue and therefore dont no if he is stated here or if he is just mentoned, Tempus thanks you!
He wasn't stat'd.

Warlockco can probably help you stat something out for Baerauble (before his death) however.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  17:20:03  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol yes I no hes long dead but im still interested. Thanks very much for your help.
-Arion

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  19:46:29  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I dont have this issue and therefore dont no if he is stated here or if he is just mentoned, Tempus thanks you!
He wasn't stat'd.

Warlockco can probably help you stat something out for Baerauble (before his death) however.

What information do we have on him?

Class/Level/Alignment?

What sources is he from?
I don't have Dragon 280 and he isn't in Dragon 279.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  00:49:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have his name, his race and know that he was a wizard. The rest is up to you. Oh, and he's dead.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  03:44:08  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know that Baeraulbe Etharr was born in Netheril and survived its downfall and that he was the first Royal Mage to serve the Cormyr throne. He was married to Alea Dehast and had children with her. He was a thin and pale man who lived far beyond human life expectancy. He was a friend to the founder of Cormyr Ondeth Obaskyr. He could perform at least 9th level spells. He served as Royal Mage to Faerlthann the first Lord of Cormyr. He held a life oath to the crown. He was known as Baerauble the Venerable, High Wizard of Cormyr. He also served Morian, Tharyann ,Boldovar, Iltharl, Gantharla the first Queen of Cormyr to rule, Roderin the Bastard, Thargreve the Lesser, and Azoun the First. He appointed Amedahast as his apprentice and died soon after leaving her as the next High Wizard of Cormyr. This is pretty much all we know but ill be looking through many books soon so ill let u no if i find anymore info on him!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  07:00:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He wasn't born in Netheril. He was born in one of the survivor states - Asram. He came to the lands of present-day Cormyr after the fall of Tarkhaldale.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  08:51:00  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone.

So straight wizard of at least 17th level, most likely to be epic, with maybe the Archmage prestige class.

Most likely to be of Netherese stock?
I don't own Cormyr: A Novel and at this time, have no intention of reading it either.

Do have Volo's Guide to Cormyr and Four From Cormyr, but in pdf format, so will be slow reading, grrrr, especially since Adobe seems to be giving me issues right at this very moment.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  11:35:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

I don't own Cormyr: A Novel and at this time, have no intention of reading it either.

Why not? It's a good novel, and the only one to feature this character...

quote:

Do have Volo's Guide to Cormyr and Four From Cormyr, but in pdf format, so will be slow reading, grrrr, especially since Adobe seems to be giving me issues right at this very moment.

Try updating to the latest version -- 7.0.8, unless they've updated in the last week.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  20:25:31  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Why not? It's a good novel, and the only one to feature this character...

quote:

Try updating to the latest version -- 7.0.8, unless they've updated in the last week.

Adobe just took exception to me opening the pdf directly instead of opening Adobe first then opening the pdf

As to the novel, its just that anymore I just can't really get into any of the D&D novels, no matter who wrote them. Plus with having been unemployed for over a month now, its an expense that I shouldn't be doing, and I can never find the paperback I'm looking for in the library.

News of the Weird

Edited by - warlockco on 17 Jul 2006 20:27:07
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  03:09:32  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is mentioned twice in Volos Guide to Cormyr but pretty much just this information. I posted a question to THO and Ed about more info but they havent gotten to me yet ill post one to Troy Denning if he has a section here as he also wrote the novel.
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  04:13:44  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears that Mr Denning doesnt have a section here but might I ask as where you found the info on Baerauble's home town?
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  04:34:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

He is mentioned twice in Volos Guide to Cormyr but pretty much just this information. I posted a question to THO and Ed about more info but they havent gotten to me yet ill post one to Troy Denning if he has a section here as he also wrote the novel.
-Atlas

I don't believe he's ever visited this site.

Why is this so important? I thought you said you had no interest in the game side of things...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  06:39:18  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Troy wrote the Cormyr with Ed so i thought he could help, im interested because of plain curousity of what level of power he was at i would like a physical description for a micro but it doesnt look like im getting either!
-Atlas

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  06:42:13  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the first Cormyr novel was co written between Ed and Jeff Grubb, who also, sadly, doesn't frequent the keep.

But this makes him no less awesome . . .
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  08:08:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well Troy wrote the Cormyr with Ed so i thought he could help, im interested because of plain curousity of what level of power he was at i would like a physical description for a micro but it doesnt look like im getting either!
-Atlas

One of the Cormyr articles in the "Volo's Adventures" series in Dragon talks about Baeruable's son (grandson) or somesuch and provides a description, stating that he was the image of Baerauble. Use that for your description. Troy Denning is unlikely to be of help in this.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  10:35:37  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Atlas until we can get some fairly definitive information for Baerauble, I'll have to regretfully pass on an attempt to make him, I personally don't like doing stats on characters that don't have at the very least class/level descriptions.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  12:07:12  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Atlas until we can get some fairly definitive information for Baerauble, I'll have to regretfully pass on an attempt to make him, I personally don't like doing stats on characters that don't have at the very least class/level descriptions.

I hope we get some.

BTW I need a cool sounding name for a child of Baerauble and Alea.
I was thinking of something along the lines of Ansrivarr, Symylazarr and Ermyrlarra (note the double r). Any ideas? As a last resort, it could be Iliphar Etharr, but I'd prefer something new, not reusing old names.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2010 :  10:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of Baerauble and Alea Dahast's descendants who are known in the novels took Alea's last name, thusly: Amedahast, Thanderahast, Jorunahast, Vangerdahast, and so forth.
Also, why don't you just ask Ed if he ever wrote up stats for Baerauble, or some basic idea of what he would write at least?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000