Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What Happened to the Plain of standing stones?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  15:55:30  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi Everbyody,

again I am back with more knowledge to be found here...

I wonder what happened to the Plain of Standing stones in Anauroch since the Shades returned, The area was in the 2e, according to elminsters ecologies dominated by Hobgoblin tribes - yes, this is where my interest comes from mainly ;)

Any information welcomed.

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  16:23:28  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only source I know which describes the Plain of Standing Stones is FR13 Anauroch, written for 2E. I can't recall this area being mentioned in the Netheril box, novel trilogy, or adjacent material (Cormyr, The North, etc).

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  11:14:33  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the Shades started terraforming, it probably is like the Tortured Lands now
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  19:16:57  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, but when the shades started terraforming, what happened to the various inhabitants??
Any hints about this? Ideas maybe?

Regards
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  21:07:01  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the inhabitants surely did benefit from the water, and the shades don't have the manpower to exterminate them, maybe new Goblin Marches appeared
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  21:17:26  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shades apparently 'absorbed' the Bedine into their Empire, so it stands to reason other races/peoples may have as well. In the case of hobgoblins, I doubt it though - Netherease seem to have an EXTREME hatred of goblinoids (which I touch upon in my 'ancient peoples' musings - the original Kalmyk Empire was overrun by their own hobgoblin thralls). As for the others, the Asabi are probably part of Netheril now - apparently the Netherease knew of them before the Fall (as Laerti - read their write-up in SK, pg.32). Others, such as the various naga, could benefit by following the Shades, but most solitary monsters and Goblinoids would probably have been systematically eliminated by the Shades by the time of the 4e Realms.

The Plain itself probably still exists - I really can't see the Shades bothering with making Anauroch 'a better place' for others. The original Netherease did not do much for 'groundlings', and the Shades were the worst of that lot. It would be more verdant, as all of Anauroch would be, but the re-moisturizing of the desert was in their own interests, not the interests of the people who dwell below.

I suppose the Bedine have become more like The Ride barbarians now (or the Nar) - can't see their culture remaining the same with the desert all but gone.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Dec 2010 21:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2010 :  20:24:01  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Markustay, thanks for this information.

Had no clue that Netherese had a specific hatred for Goblinoid races, but as you explain, seems logical.

I was just wondering, for in the 2e sourcebook, the plain was already described as fertile and inhabited by many different kinds of races.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2010 :  11:33:29  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there is mention of it in the 3.5E adventure, Anauroch (at least I think I saw it briefly mentioned in that book while I was skimming through it the other day - then again, I did skim through the 2E Anauroch supplement as well, so I may be mixing things up...)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000