Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "Left Behind" readers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  01:40:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, fellow scribes... now I'm asking you all to "let it go".

It's an interesting topic here, let's keep it like that. Eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  00:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna FathomlinLastly...I have to say, it must have been *ahem* interesting trying to track down all those out-of-print novels...

For me, a mix of ebay and used bookstores. Some were still on the shelves of my local Barnes & Noble.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  01:04:01  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I posted in the "up to date" thread, I just found Tymora's Luck at the FLGS I go to, and bought it for $1. Woo hoo . . . I'm so freaking happy about this find. E-bay can be your friend, but I never could track down Tymora's Luck for a reasonable price there.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  01:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

As I posted in the "up to date" thread, I just found Tymora's Luck at the FLGS I go to, and bought it for $1. Woo hoo . . . I'm so freaking happy about this find. E-bay can be your friend, but I never could track down Tymora's Luck for a reasonable price there.

I had the same problem awhile with finding "Masquerades". Finally got it for about half cover + shipping off ebay. I hope I don't have to go read all of them again to be able to read that one.... I've got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too many books on my list to read as it is.... both Realms and non-Realms.

PS: Need more time to read!!!!!!

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

danifae
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  01:15:05  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ?

Usually I go ahead and read the books as they're coming out... But, if I come to a series later, I'll generally wait until I have all of them before I read them. That's why I only recently started reading the (greatly over-hyped) War of the Spider Queen books.

Just about the same here, when a new book is released I try to get my hands on it and read it. Besides that, I visit alot of the local 2nd hand book stores in order to purchase the older books.

Also to the original post of this topic, what did you dislike in the 'Council of Blades' and 'Elminster in Hell' books? The first of which I thought was actually quite good. I'll discuss on those with you ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  02:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danifae

Just about the same here, when a new book is released I try to get my hands on it and read it. Besides that, I visit alot of the local 2nd hand book stores in order to purchase the older books.

Wish there were more of those by me...or, maybe I just haven't found them yet.

I can get used books online, but it's fun to walk around in a store.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  03:07:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

I always love the "unexpected finds" you sometimes makes in a used-book store.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  03:19:36  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No used-book stores around here makes me sad. :(

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  05:01:43  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I originally started this topic, I was basically complaining aloud that I haven't read any novel published over the past 2 years (which most of the posts are about) and I can't read them due to my own irrational fear of spoilers. I didn't intend to incite a cat fight.

I want all of the members of this board to prepare for one year from now when I am completely caught up with all of the FR novels. Then I'll start posting about books you all have read years ago.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000