Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anti RPG
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  17:40:51  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Have you been involved in a discussion with an anti-rpg person, did you visit anti-rpg sites, books,...?

This one is very funny

This one is cool

Finally this one is the answer to the previous one

Edited by - zemd on 20 Mar 2003 17:46:17

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  17:44:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far, only my mother. She still thinks that D&D is bad, but no longer thinks it's evil . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting websites. Especially the first one -- that one does a very good job of making fun of FIRE and BRIMSTONE PREACHERS! REPENT, ye SINNERS!

However, that third link is actually the same as the second.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:08:42  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oups, mistake in my favorites.

I think that the first site makes a better job than the third, it's so pityful than i can hardly believe that someone can takes it seriously
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know -- especially that bit on lesbianism.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very funny, I am amazed people still believe in that shiq.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:44:35  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::cannot help but snicker and then laugh as his perverted mind takes note of something in a certain picture of a nude woman that the author of the FIRST site TRIED to censor... he points out a single nipple that stands out 'proudly' it appears, from the other side of the weapon and censor box.:: hee hee... the person takes the time to make the site and a lame attempt to censor.. and he misses that... geez... hehe... that's too funny..

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  19:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Thats so awsome. It's my new favorite website. How can people that heven't even played, be so ignorant and criticizing.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  20:12:39  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That shows us how ignorance can be dangerous!
PLaying rpg, i learnt to not judge before trying
Go to Top of Page

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  20:45:41  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by zemd

Have you been involved in a discussion with an anti-rpg person, did you visit anti-rpg sites, books,...?

Just one of my friends at church although he has played it before.

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  01:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. That first link was hilarious. Its amazing what ignorance can do to some people...

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  01:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, zemd. I found a site to counter your.

http://www.cale.com/paper.htm

It just goes to show, that there are people like us, who have actually played, making web pages as well.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  08:11:03  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one Salius, i learnt some things i didn't knwo
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  08:45:44  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't.... breathe.....laughing....too....hard....

It's just amazing the ignorance of some of the people of this planet. Not surprisingly though, the majority are religious fundamentalists. I'm just glad that most people don't pay attention to these idiots anymore, like they used to back in the late 70's and early 80's.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  09:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully you do realize that that first site is a joke. There are a LOT of sites like that on the internet, making fun of christians, politicians and what not.

To answer your original question, no, I have not. Nobody in my family are so paranoid that they would attempt to tell me not to play. In fact, I do not think any of them care.
That is one of charactaristics of Denmark, nearly all of us are atheists.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 21 Mar 2003 09:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  11:12:40  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

That is one of charactaristics of Denmark, nearly all of us are atheists.

-Echon

Really? Thats interesting. I guess thats why black metal is so much more popular over in Denark and other Scandinavian countries than anywhere else?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  11:58:57  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad
Really? Thats interesting. I guess thats why black metal is so much more popular over in Denark and other Scandinavian countries than anywhere else?

Hmmm. That is possible. I have not thought of it that way but I have always wondered why 95% of all good Black Metal comes from Norway. There are a few noteworthy bands from Sweden and Finland but no one at all in Denmark. Another explanation might be that not all Black Metal bands are satanic but pagan, paying tribute to the old Scandanavian mythology which might appeal to us.

At any rate Scandanavia is the most tolerant place in the world as far as Black Metal, satanism and paganism goes. Nobody cares if you walk around in the street wearing inverted crosses, pentagrams, Darkthrone-shirts and the like.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  12:57:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Black Metal, you surely know Cradle of Filth!? I go to their concert on Monday. It'll be cool

And last time i was wearing a black cloak at the McDonald's, everybody looked at me as if i was completly crazy. It was provocation, i must confesse, but it was also really funny
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  12:59:39  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

At any rate Scandanavia is the most tolerant place in the world as far as Black Metal, satanism and paganism goes. Nobody cares if you walk around in the street wearing inverted crosses, pentagrams, Darkthrone-shirts and the like.

-Echon

hehehe... I'll top that. Go the the Netherlands (aka Holland or Amsterdam for those with limited geographical knowledge) and you can do all of the above and smoke pot in public as well.
Legally that is...

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 21 Mar 2003 13:00:26
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Speaking of Black Metal, you surely know Cradle of Filth!? I go to their concert on Monday. It'll be cool

Yes, I am familiar with said band but I find their music mildly boring. I do not listen to them. And it is not due to any notions as to what is true Black Metal and what is not.

quote:
And last time i was wearing a black cloak at the McDonald's, everybody looked at me as if i was completly crazy. It was provocation, i must confesse, but it was also really funny

There is nothing wrong with provocing people. I cannot recall who but someone said: "It is not the provocation which is important, it is the reaction." I agree.

-Echon

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 21 Mar 2003 13:04:32
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
hehehe... I'll top that. Go the the Netherlands (aka Holland or Amsterdam for those with limited geographical knowledge) and you can do all of the above and smoke pot in public as well.
Legally that is...

I am aware of that (the smkoing of pot). Perhaps I would have been more correct if I had written "one of the most tolerant places...".

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:08:05  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true, i like Holland. I think i'll come in February 2004. There's a friend who'll study here, so i'll profit the occasion
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...the only people I've ever had any troubles convincing that DnD and RPG's aren't bad is my dad and my brother. My dad can't stand them. (he also can't stand the fact that I dyed the tips of my hair blue either...lol ). but part of one of my email addresses is "demonofwater" and so now he thinks I'm going to go into witchcraft or something just because of stuff like this. *Sighs* Well...there are those who, sometimes, you just can't get it through to them that things like this are just fantasy. That they aren't real. (I don't mean to be offensive when I say that either). My dad and brother are two people. Though my brother has a tendancy to just come up with some sarcastic remark about the whole Dungeons and Dragons thing.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:20:33  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

he also can't stand the fact that I dyed the tips of my hair blue either...lol ).

A drow with blue hair, i thought it was only possible in BG!
Go to Top of Page

Lesbian Succubus
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:53:30  Show Profile  Visit Lesbian Succubus's Homepage Send Lesbian Succubus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can laugh at the fundamentalists if you want, and you are totally justified, but these people are a real threat to democracy. They are totally insanein my opinion. Although RPGs don't encourage Paganism or Satanism, who's to say it would be a bad thing if they did? I would really appreciate it if everyone read the FAQ on www.churchofsatan.org.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  14:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Sure thing! Ive seen CoF quite a few times now, they do a damn good show!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  14:22:48  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lesbian Succubus

You can laugh at the fundamentalists if you want, and you are totally justified, but these people are a real threat to democracy. They are totally insanein my opinion. Although RPGs don't encourage Paganism or Satanism, who's to say it would be a bad thing if they did? I would really appreciate it if everyone read the FAQ on www.churchofsatan.org.

Well, it's becoming a little bit of topic... I read the FAQ (not everything, too long) and i won't tell what i think of this, it's no more rpg
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  15:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice page, Salius Kai. I'm going to send this to my mother. She's gotten a bit antsy ever since she found out that the Forgotten Realms was a D&D world. Interesting, no? She knew about FR. She knew I liked the books. She even thought they sounded good. Heck, she's even read a few things from this forum! (She was wondering what my brother and I were talking about.) But she heard "D&D" and imeadiately became suspicious.

Probably her biggest concern is the polytheism of it all. I just think of the gods of D&D as ideals to follow. Not something to worship. Kind of like how in the Catholic Church you have different orders (Jusits, Fransicans, Poor Claires) who follow the philosophies of some saint.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  15:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one thing that i find that is really funny about those websites is that the people that made them have probably never played a RPG in there life and they can't see that it is just harmless fun. And there are parents that are severly prejudice about it.

I am happy my parents aren't like that, shoot my dad played D&D when it first came out, he is the person that had me playing as soon as I could understand it (Around 5 give or take a year).

The people that say that AD&D is for people who worship satan need to sit down and actually play before the judge it.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  16:01:23  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I make everyone played around me: Mum, Dad, my brother, my sister, my classmates, my teachers,...
And i talk about rpg everytime i meet someone, just to see what i thinks about it... and if it's a player, well i know what i'll talk about!
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  17:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My parents absolutely hate D&D. My dad used to play, but after a while, my step-mom convinced him that it was 'evil' and that I shouldn't play it. *snickersnicker* Like that worked. I stole my dad's Baldur's Gate games, got NWN for X-mas, begged for burned copies of games (Icewindale. The guy messed up the second install CD. Need to get that fixed...), borrowed books from my friends, and now I own about 20 second edition books, since one of my co-workers gave them to me last weekend. w00t! =) My step mother almost fell down and died when she saw how many I brought home.
::pauses a moment from laughing to get some more air::
I'll sit in the living room and read them, just to annoy her. OMG, this woman is hillarious!

BTW, my grandmother's a christian eucharistic minister(sp?)[this woman is strictly religious like you wouldn't believe *^^!!!] and I asked her whether or not D&D was satanic or anything like that. Her response was 'no'-

-Space for rent-

Edited by - Kitira Gildragon on 21 Mar 2003 17:10:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000