Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 DM Assistant Needs Advice
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  13:38:46  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To answer Yasraena: He's not exactly my best friend, but he's been letting me borrow game materials and I'm trying to be understanding (I don't really think he's had a lot of experience). I think my other reason (the best and more important of the two) is that I know some of the people involved, and I want them to enjoy their first D&D game-
To answer Zemd: I only know the opinion of two people. They understand that it's time consuming, but they also have the feeling that he's a bad DM. They're a bit... leery(sp)(I'm not sure if it's the right word there)?

-Ryissa Silverwing
Wanna roleplay? Join the crew at..:
Sandhrune's D&D Board (Munchkin Policy: let the crucifixion begin! <= With a policy like that, how can you resist?) Join the adventures today!
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2003 :  05:38:06  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Silverwing

To answer Yasraena: He's not exactly my best friend, but he's been letting me borrow game materials and I'm trying to be understanding (I don't really think he's had a lot of experience). I think my other reason (the best and more important of the two) is that I know some of the people involved, and I want them to enjoy their first D&D game-
To answer Zemd: I only know the opinion of two people. They understand that it's time consuming, but they also have the feeling that he's a bad DM. They're a bit... leery(sp)(I'm not sure if it's the right word there)?

The more I read your replies, LS, the more I think YOU should be running this game. You have the mentality that all good DMs should have, the most important being that you want your players to have fun.

And that was indeed the right word. I'd be very leery about playing in his game from what you've said so far.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  13:41:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just want to say "Thank You!" To everyone that posted here with their great advice-

Well, the numbers are in! The envelope please....
I've decided. I'll make the keep for it, but I'm going to 'bow out' (I think that's the expression) after that- well and after I make copies of the keep. Maybe I'll use them someday. I just don't feel right with the game. I guess I'll have to find my own group locally to try and start DMing on my own. Once again, thanks fellow scribes!

-Ryissa Silverwing
Wanna roleplay? Join the crew at..:
Sandhrune's D&D Board (Munchkin Policy: let the crucifixion begin! <= With a policy like that, how can you resist?) Join the adventures today!
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  16:21:30  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kepp us up to date. (i hope it's the right expression)
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, definitely keep us up to date LS. I'd really like to hear how your eventual game turns out!

(zemd, yes. Right expression.)

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  03:53:45  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You definitely made the right choice. By continuing to help him run his game you are, in the eyes of his players, supporting his style of game play.

Give some thought to running your own game and maybe invite one of your co-workers that plays in his game to join your game as well. Hopefully your counter-example will give them hope that role playing can be a lot of fun with out all the atrocities. Just don't bash this other DM and let your game speak for itself.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000