Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Authors' Other Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  15:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering, how many authors have journyed out of the Realms? Salvatore, of course, but who else? Has anyone else come across another author's name and thought "Hey, who let him/her out of the Realms?"

You can use this topic to discuss whether that author is better outside the Realms or not.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  18:33:11  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe most if not all of the authors of FR write outside the realms... whether it be Dragonlance (BOO! HISS! hehe) or other stuff... i just dunno what specific other places each one writes... :P

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.

Edited by - Zacas on 20 Mar 2003 18:35:24
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  14:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, I think Troy Denning wrote some Star Wars books, but he may have written those before he got into writing FR.
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  18:01:36  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I think about it, I cant think of anyone who has only wrote FR novels, except maybe some of the new authors....

~Mirt
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  03:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeff Grubb has done a number of other things beyond his work in the Realms. And Troy Denning wrote the Prism Pentad for DARK SUN. (Incidentally, Troy began writing SW stuff more recently than his FR stuff.) Doug Niles has gone on to write fiction elsewhere, including some alternative history. That's all I can think of off the top of my head (though I suppose if you wanted to count the double-diamond triangle saga, J. Robert King fits into this category, too).

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  04:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just had this question after seeing that Elaine Cunningham had written a Star Wars book. It just got me thinking. That's all.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000