Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Regional Language help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coastiemike
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2006 :  09:22:56  Show Profile  Visit coastiemike's Homepage Send coastiemike a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, I have reviewed the Language section in the FRCS several times. What I need help with is a better way to incorporate the different regional language dialects into my game (Chondathan, Iluskan, etc...). I guess my reasoning for doing this is that most of my players (I currently have 17 split into 3 groups) have taken at least one, and most have take 2-3, different regional languages.

I don't want players to feel they wasted slots or skill points in taken a language dialect that never gets used in the game. I also think it would add a deeper "feel" (for lack of a better word) into the game.

How do you other DMs utilize these 80+ different dialects mentioned in the FRCS? I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts.

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2006 :  11:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have the other players leave the room for a brief moment whenever a longer concersation in a different language are to be had. The players left with me are the one who actually have the language in question. Adding a link to the chain of information gives the posibility for misunderstandings and other details that can spice up the game. But thats just me.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000