Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Temples of Shar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nightbreeze
Acolyte

Italy
33 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  21:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Nightbreeze's Homepage Send Nightbreeze a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Another line of questions for ye sages of realmslore.

Where can be found the greatest temples of Shar? Where can be found the most interesting/powerful temples/organisations of Shar?
I only know about the temple of the long night in calimshan and the temple in Shade. Also, i know about a place on the demiplane of shadow where within a palace linking the majior temples of shar on portals, resides a 0-rank crazy deity, a former ( or present) follower of Shar.

Bring the light ( erhmm...the shadow, right) on me!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  21:51:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you checked the list of Named Temples of the Realms?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nightbreeze
Acolyte

Italy
33 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  21:57:19  Show Profile  Visit Nightbreeze's Homepage Send Nightbreeze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's just wonderfull...but is it possible to find some bonus info? For example, even the name of the book they were taken from would satisfy me.

It seems i've missed some list on the library...have to check everything again ^^
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  22:47:41  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The greatest temple of Shar is in Dark Calimport.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  01:25:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nightbreeze

That's just wonderfull...but is it possible to find some bonus info? For example, even the name of the book they were taken from would satisfy me.
I'm working on that. The expanded Templie Listing will have both the source of the reference and what other sources the specific temples have been mentioned in.

As it is... most of them were taken from the "Big Three" FR deity trilogy of books -- Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities. Others have just been mentioned in the novels -- like one of Shar's -- which was detailed in Mistress of the Night. And several were picked up from adventure modules.

For most temples... all that exists are the brief details given in the deity books above. Only a select number have been expanded upon in various game accessories, modules and novels.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Nightbreeze
Acolyte

Italy
33 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  14:17:38  Show Profile  Visit Nightbreeze's Homepage Send Nightbreeze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be just wonderful, as even a little knowldedge is better than just the name.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  16:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nightbreeze, you might want to get ye olde Faiths & Avtars book, if you don't already own it. I think I also remember a Wyrms of the North article in which Ed talks about a priestess of Shar being turned into a black dragon... the number was somewhere around 240 I think...

Also, if you DM the Realms, make 'em yours. Why shouldn't there be a temple to Shar somewhere in Suzail, hidden away from prying eyes... it is your world when you run the game

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  16:23:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Nightbreeze, you might want to get ye olde Faiths & Avtars book, if you don't already own it. I think I also remember a Wyrms of the North article in which Ed talks about a priestess of Shar being turned into a black dragon... the number was somewhere around 240 I think...
You are referring to Mornauguth -- in DRAGON #248. And she's a green dragon .

Here's the Moor Dragon's WotN article at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20030716a

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  16:27:37  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

You are referring to Mornauguth -- in DRAGON #248. And she's a green dragon .

Here's the Moor Dragon's WotN article at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20030716a

Black, green... I'm at my incredible boring job and don't have access to me library and didn't think of ... you know... looking it up anywhere else...

*grumbles* I got the gist of it right tho...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  19:11:29  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Faiths and Pantheons" provides an extensive write-up of the "Darkhouse of Saerloon," a secret temple of Shar's located in Saerloon's environs.

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000