Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shadowbred Sample Chapter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  19:36:43  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have received permission to post a sample chapter of Shadowbred. Please note that this is a non-copyedited, non-formatted version. There may be a few typos in it and it is formatted like a Word document rather than a book page. But hey, all of that adds character, right?

Also, since this is the novel's prologue it contains no spoilers. So, read away!

I hope you enjoy. http://home.earthlink.net/~paulskemp/

Paul

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  19:50:26  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul . . . I'd use some colloquial phrase to describe how great a guy you are, but I don't roll that way . . .

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  20:03:27  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All flippant inside jokes aside . . . that was great Paul. I love it when we can get an everyday perspective on things, so that we see more than just heroes fighting monsters or flinging magic. Its the parts of the story like this that make the Realms feel like a real place, and make us care about characters. Great opening to the book. I know I was planning on getting it anyway, but this would cinch me picking up the new trilogy.

Again, thanks for the preview.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  20:18:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Excellent! Many thanks for bringing this to us Paul, i'll certain take a read very soon

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  02:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was awesome, Paul. Seriously sweet.

Did....Cale grow hair?!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  03:01:37  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the preview Paul. An excellent beginning, to what I am sure is going to be a great trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  03:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An dynamic beginning to an RSE, good and nice. I like it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Dremvek
Seeker

70 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  17:24:35  Show Profile  Visit Dremvek's Homepage Send Dremvek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for letting it be the Prologue, rather than chapter 20! I fully enjoyed it.
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  17:32:42  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent. I can't wait for the finished product.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  20:13:48  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooooh! Fantastic opening Paul!

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  20:35:33  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, all. I'm glad it seems to be an enjoyable read and I appreciate the feedback. I'm eager for this one to hit shelves.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  21:13:07  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeez, that sure made me shiver!!

Amazing! My eyes were watering with fear throughout that. That was so atmospheric, edgy and eerie.

What an opening! I just can't wait for this book!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  21:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys...Erevis...dark hair...wha...?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000