Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Kara Tur elements in Forgotten Realms novels?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  17:16:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

The old Forgotten Realms Adventures hardback book in 2nd edition mentioned that the Celestial Beuracracy had been dropped down in avatar form, in the letter from Vangerdahast to Elminster.

Ah, there it is. I had done a search of the pdf looking for the word "Celestial" and it had netted me nothing... The exact quote, from page 1 of Forgotten Realms Adventures:

quote:
The note from your Dragon-King ally in the furthest East is of equal interest, though I view his opinions with a great deal of suspicion. While I would like to believe that all the Eastern deities retreated to some mountain top and meditated quietly until the crisis had passed, other tales I have heard indicate that there was as much godly meddling there as here. The Shou spirits and gods have always been mired up to their hips in intrigue. The fact they have a more organized hierarchy does not reduce their meddling. Your dragon-friend's assurances aside, I would say that the unknown East suffered as much as Faerun; with more space and less value on human life (I am told), it was less noticed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  17:29:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On Hallowed Ground from Planescape also has some info on them and so does the 1e Oriental Adventures. I'm not positive for the 2nd book but I'm positive on the 1st one. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  21:33:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

If the Celestial Bureaucracy (if that is the term...) was not kicked out and walked the land in avatar form, it makes one wonder what power Ao really does have... admittedly I think about far too many things, but nonetheless if this is the same world the events of one part should, to a degree, also be mentioned elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Old Empires they actually mention that they were cast down and huddled in the mountains in a very orderly fashion or somesuch.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  01:03:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

On Hallowed Ground from Planescape also has some info on them and so does the 1e Oriental Adventures. I'm not positive for the 2nd book but I'm positive on the 1st one. :)

The 1e OA doesn't cover a great deal about the Celestial Bureaucracy -- really just references to divine servants and some historical events.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000