Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What is the current status of Halaster Blackcloak
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  21:50:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

I was also referencing the 2nd Edition resource 'The Fall of Myth Drannor'. A good read for any interested.

... Which is, of course, available for free from the Wizards downloads page.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  01:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, you are always dependable. I for one have benefited greatly from the free 2nd edition downloads at wizards. I almost have all of them printed off.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  01:57:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

Wooly, you are always dependable. I for one have benefited greatly from the free 2nd edition downloads at wizards. I almost have all of them printed off.

I've got all of the original print copies of that stuff, so the pdfs are just an added bonus for me -- among other things, this allows me to check them out at work!

But I wish they'd put more stuff out on the downloads page... While my own Realms collection still has a lot of gaps in it, it's still a lot more complete than what many other scribes have. Having more of the older lore available for free would certainly be of benefit to those scribes.

Admittedly, I'd like to have more of the pdfs, but it's occasionally irksome to have to tell people "oh, sorry, you can't get that one for free, so hit eBay or one of the pay-for-the-pdf sites if you really want to know about this."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  15:43:02  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally hear you on your first statement. I read as much realmslore at work as I can. My other coworkers constantly ask what I am reading so I get to regurgitate what I've read thus completely memorizing the material. At least that is how my brain works.

I think WotC should just go ahead and put everything 2nd edition in PDF format and make it free to download. It's not like they are selling those materials anymore. Right? Enough of my off topic ranting. Wooly thanks for all your help.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

msatran
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  07:44:34  Show Profile  Visit msatran's Homepage Send msatran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uhh...guys?

Was there ever REALLY an answer to the question "What is the current state of Halaster Blackcloak?" other than "Whatever he darned well pleases?"

He's Halaster. The mere mention of going into Undermountain should conjure up thoughts of "We are here for this wizard's entertainment and should provide as much of it as possible lest we wind up as his courtyard furniture."
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  19:20:25  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. However adventurers are foolhardy and think that they will slip into the massive dungeon Halaster created and not be noticed. A mistake that many make. A mistake with dire consequences.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000