Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Skull Crag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

515 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  02:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I've looked all around for info on Skull Crag. All I can find is two refrences:

1. A mining community, pop. 270, overshadowed by a large rock dedicated as a shrine to Kelemvor. (FRCS p. 112)

2. Large fortified village, pop 2,000, half of which are Purple Dragons. A bit more about mining and farming and how with that many Purple Dragons it was a good spot for growth. (Volo's Guide to Cormyr p. 208)

I know that the FRCS is much newer but I'd think that something would have happend to change the population that drastically or maybe a typo, I checked no errata?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  15:22:52  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe a typo or the Devil Dragon depleted the population.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  19:27:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

So I've looked all around for info on Skull Crag. All I can find is two refrences:

1. A mining community, pop. 270, overshadowed by a large rock dedicated as a shrine to Kelemvor. (FRCS p. 112)

2. Large fortified village, pop 2,000, half of which are Purple Dragons. A bit more about mining and farming and how with that many Purple Dragons it was a good spot for growth. (Volo's Guide to Cormyr p. 208)

I know that the FRCS is much newer but I'd think that something would have happend to change the population that drastically or maybe a typo, I checked no errata?

Almost all of the populations in the FRCS were changed, either by lowering them or raising them, since the 3e team decided to use the standard figure from the 3E DMG instead of the mish mash of pop figures that were scattered all over the place in 1e and 2e sourcebooks.

There was no in game explaination because it was a setting wide change to get it to equal the figures in the DMG.

At one point, in the old sourcebooks, Calimshan/Calimport had a figure of 2+ million!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 08 May 2006 19:27:25
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

515 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  13:34:35  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would explain that I guess. Thanks Kuje.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000