Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 WotC Chat with Dave Gross (Lord of Stormweather)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AulayanDuerf
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  05:37:26  Show Profile  Visit AulayanDuerf's Homepage Send AulayanDuerf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The chat went off without a hitch, except the fact it was sparsely populated. So sparsely populated, in fact, that it was just me plus the authors and the moderators for several minutes. Luckily Dave Gross knew how to entertain people by asking questions. If it was all up to me, that woulda been a disaster.

Not much was said that we didn't already know (in terms of upcoming products, and sadly I didn't log it so I'd only work off memory when it came to the interesting stuff about the behind the scenes work for Lord of Stormweather. And I don't trust my memory enough to try it.)

Biggest news is there'll be a Mistress of Night novel coming out...someday. Falling into the priest series and written by Dave Gross, and featuring one of his characters from the Sembia series.

Starting to wonder if any good gods will be covered in the priest series.

Also a 'Elminster's daughter' novel was briefly mentioned. Somewhere in the back of my brain I swear i had heard of that before, so that may not be news.

(Offtopic rant. I wish this forum had a 'forgot your password' option, because i did, and well...had to sign up a new email account just to sign up a new forum account. End offtopic rant)

Edited by - Alaundo on 15 Mar 2003 10:14:55

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  07:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AulayanDuerf

I wish this forum had a 'forgot your password' option, because i did, and well...had to sign up a new email account just to sign up a new forum account.

You just email one of the Head Scribes (from the same email account you signed up on) and make a request. You probably can still do this.

( Look, Alaundo, I know this is your turf, but if I were in his place I'd not want to wait!)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  09:09:38  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The chat went off without a hitch, except the fact it was sparsely populated.

Well, i don't consider myself as a newbie anymore... but are you talking about???
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  09:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was mentioned somewhere around here . . . something about a chat session with authors and fans. I didn't pay attention, what with my midterms to worry about. But it's here somewhere.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  10:13:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:

The chat went off without a hitch, except the fact it was sparsely populated. So sparsely populated, in fact, that it was just me plus the authors and the moderators for several minutes. Luckily Dave Gross knew how to entertain people by asking questions. If it was all up to me, that woulda been a disaster.

I must say im very suprised and dissapointed by this Im sure Dave knows that his work is very greatly appreciated and certainly by some of the feedback received by the scribes within Candlekeep. I assume WotC will put a transcript of the chat on their site soon. Back in the time of the interview between Candlekeep and Dave Gross for Black Wolf, Dave kindly agreed to also partake in an interview for Lords of Stormweather, so please submit any questions directly to me at: alaundo@candlekeep.com so that we may collate the questions for the interview. There will be another announcement of this call for questions soon.

quote:
(Offtopic rant. I wish this forum had a 'forgot your password' option, because i did, and well...had to sign up a new email account just to sign up a new forum account. End offtopic rant)

This would be a very useful feature and does exist as part of the forum code, however, as mentioned previously, this is also a function of SMTP which we are having problems with. Hopefully one day it will be enabled.

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm
You just email one of the Head Scribes (from the same email account you signed up on) and make a request. You probably can still do this.

Bookwyrm is quite correct, if you have ANY problems with your account then please contact either myself or Tethtoril, the Candlekeep Webmaster or the Admin account.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 15 Mar 2003 10:16:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave_Gross
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  01:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Dave_Gross's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allan wasn't kidding when he said the chat event was sparsely populated--unless you count Ed Greenwood, Paul Kemp, Voronica Whitney-Robinson, and Elaine Cunningham, not to mention an old college buddy I haven't talked with in months. Someone pointed out that it was probably a mistake on my part to schedule it for the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, and perhaps it was a little too early in the evening, as we noticed a few more people showing up right after 6:00. While it was a small group, it was a lot of fun, at least for me.

I mentioned Mistress of the Night at the chat, but I didn't go into as much detail as I'd planned. Since you folks have been so kind to me, I'll spill a little more here:

My next Realms book (there's a little D&D novel in between, but it's got the T.H. Lain name on it) is the second book in The Priests series. The books all stand alone in that group; there's no character or story crossover. The first book is Lady of Poison, penned by Bruce Cordell. The third is the famous Maiden of Pain, whose author will be chosen from open submission.

There are two central characters in the book. Readers of Black Wolf might recall a certain cleric of Selune with a kind of ironic grudge against werewolves. The other main character is an exiled swordsman with several rather large bounties on his head from various noble houses of Selgaunt?

Is that enough of a hint?

I'll save the rest for the interview, so as not to steal Alaundo's thunder--don't forget to email him your questions soon, since I'll get getting into serious writing mode soon, now the the outline has Phil's seal of approval.

Dave

P.S. Y'know, when you folks have a chat room up and running over here, I wouldn't mind getting up early one Saturday morning so we could have a little gathering at a decent hour for you.
Go to Top of Page

AulayanDuerf
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  03:08:25  Show Profile  Visit AulayanDuerf's Homepage Send AulayanDuerf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talona, Shar, Loviatar.

Really doesn't seem as if there'll be a good god followed does it? Ah well, All 3 goddesses are usually looked over in the evil scheme of things, in favour of Cyric and Bane/Iyachtu, and even Velsharoon. (though Shar's gaining popularity as is evident).

I'll be looking forward to the Talona one for ideas on how to use her church. (One reason I loved Black Wolf, the stuff about Malar.) and Loviatar for the same reason.

And Shar's book, well, just because the author did so good on his previous attempts do I look forward to it. (Blatant suck up sentance)

Also mentioned was the idea, that probably won't get picked up, of an anthology to end the Sembia Series. While the authors appreciated the idea, I personally doubt it will happen due to how both Tazi and Erevis are already moving on.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  12:13:12  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talona did feature to some degree in the Cleric Quintet. Though not realy from a priest/cleric point of view. But I agree on the fact that aside from Cyric and Bane, it is now time for the Ladies of Evil and Dismay to take the spotlight.

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 17 Mar 2003 12:15:10
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  14:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Sembia series novels, Lord of Stormweather and Dave Gross fans... see here for an opportunity to ask your questions as part of an interview with Dave Gross, author of the final novel in the series.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Mar 2003 14:45:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic