Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello Everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:16:14  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been a regular visitor to Candlekeep for years now, I used the book list provided and I now have all FR novels except a few of the ones released in the past 6 months. I stopped by today to see if there are anymore novels on the list and saw the fourm link, so here I am. I will start going through and reading some of the posts, although I dont think I will read them all... there are quite a few.

*Role Playing Version*

Hello there, This is Mirt, I dropped by your library today, a nice place it is to, I was looking to buy some property for a summer home on the Sea of Swords, and I saw this keep. I recently made a investment that turned out good... I bought Waterdeep... And now I need a place to relax and read some books... So whats the going rate on a keep like this? 3-4 million gold? Give me a price and I may buy it, ancient real-estate is kind of a thing of mine. Bye ~Mirt.

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:29:40  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A shrewd merchant eh? Hmmm... we'll have to watch our coin.

Welcome and well met Mirt. Hope you find the forum as useful and enjoyable as the website has been.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:30:06  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Mirt (Got you Alaundo!)

Welcome within this walls of infinite knowledge ( Salius)
You'll soon see a rush of warmful welcomings, some that'll say "Sorry to welcome you so lately" or "As i already said .... Continues with a LONG post". But don't be afraid we are sane ()

*Role Playing Version*
Hail and Honor (héhéhé)
I think you stayed too long at the inn my dear friend. Zemd runs to see Alaundo, laughing out of loud to explain him

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:31:06  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn i thought i was the first!
Only 26 seconds
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:36:21  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hail and Honor...also welcome....
May you find a warm spot and enjoy the knowledge of the many who frequent this area.

Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  21:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mirt!

Always a pleasure to meet a new scribe in these hallowed halls - I'm sort of recent myself but I can say that these guys/gals are most welcoming and helpful with whatever topics you want help/discussion on.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  23:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted by: Zemd

Well met Mirt (Got you Alaundo!)

Welcome within this walls of infinite knowledge ( Salius)
You'll soon see a rush of warmful welcomings, some that'll say "Sorry to welcome you so lately" or "As i already said .... Continues with a LONG post". But don't be afraid we are sane ()

I'm one of the pople Zemd mentioned who will greet you as she has. Your never officialy greeted until.....

Welcome, Mirt, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

You own Waterdeep, eh? You must have quite the sum of coin. I've been to Waterdeep before. I've heard of Waterdeep, perhaps I should have went there to find someone to train me in the way of magery after I left Luskan. Perhaps someday, right now I'm quite happy here at Candle Keep and I hope you will be too.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  23:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[The polymorphed dragon looks at the new arrival with some interest.]

Hmm, another merchant . . . [*sniff*sniff*] oh, and quite a bit of gold on him, too. Hmmm . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  03:05:40  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*chuckles at the antics of the other scribes* Indeed well met and welcome!!

*pokes Bookwyrm* you're not thinking of becoming a thief now are you?

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  03:21:49  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mirt! I may still be called new but I know this place is wonderful.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  04:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, The_Mirt, to these great walls of Candlekeep. If you have any questions, then post them and another scribe or I will answer. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  04:26:18  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been reading for about 5 hours straight now... I think I get the general drift.

*RP*

I have been looking through your selction of books here at Candlekeep. Quite a few of them you have... I only looked through the first book shelf! And I think there are 1000 or more bookshelves here. I would hate to be the one who dusts this place... ~Mirt
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  07:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[loftily:] Sadon, dragons don't steal. We simply take. Often it's salvage. Stuff that doesn't belong to anyone. Well, sure, the previous owners often died due to our intervention, but that doesn't change the fact that it's just lying around now.

But don't worry, Mirt, I'm a mithril. Unlike most of my brethren, I don't have an all-consuming desire for gold . . . well . . . I don't care for it just because it's gold . . . though [sniff?] all that coin on you would buy me a lot of new tomes . . .

[*ahem!*] 'scuse me.

Oh, and about the dusting, that's one of the fun things. Every once in a while you'll see an animated duster making its rounds. Alaundo demands only the best for his library.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  10:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the library of Candlekeep, Mirt...... and no i dont want a loan or any money lending to me

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  10:37:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met and Welcome to Candlekeep, The_Mirt

Please forgive me for not welcoming you at the doors to the great library sooner, I see my fellow scribes have seen fit to take care of you and make you welcome in my absence.

If you have any questions then please feel free to contact me.

Enjoy your stay at Candlekeep. Ill look forward to your shared tales and knowledge of Realmslore.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  18:02:47  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Mirt and welcome to the Keep of Candles.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000