Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I'm new.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  04:39:19  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello. I was told of this place by a friend and it seems like a wonderful place. I love Forgotten Realms, especially the books that have Drizzt Do'Urden.

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  04:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*walks into the library* Ah I see you've come to Candlekeep too! Welcome!!!! Hope you find this place to your liking. If you ever have any questions about FR or something, just post it and you'll get tons of responses from the scribes here. They are all very helpful.

(heh heh...I'm the first one! But then again...I knew he was joining. lol. He's a friend of mine outside of candlekeep. )

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  04:59:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh oh. Another of Sadon's friends. I'm not sure I can handle another Elph!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  05:01:37  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Bookwyrm, I'm not like Elph. I'm a little saner than even Sadon, sometimes.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  05:12:21  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*raises an eyebrow in question* "sometimes" that's an understatement. You're always more saner than I am!!!

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  09:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Targon... (hope that doesnt offend )

Hope you find much knowledge in the library and have valuable lore to share

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  13:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Targondigeta and welcome to Candlekeep, High Hall of Lore.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  13:33:43  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Targondigeta!....(Dare I say it...have I been here long enough to earn the right to greet a newbie in this fashion)...Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge!(with apologies to Salius )

As you will have heard from Sadon no doubt, this place is one of the most welcoming and knowledgeable in FR Lore on the Net.

Hope you enjoy your stay,

Alex

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  14:30:14  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome! This my first real welcome of a new person on this board, since I am only week old myself. However, I have found this place quite warm and wonderful.....of course beware of the sooth talkers...(/giggles at Mumadar)

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  14:47:34  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Targondigeta Fendrahido!
I too wish to give you a warm welcome, though I've also arrived in Candlekeep not long ago. I hope you will find the knowledge you're seeking and enjoy being here as much as I do
May your visits be enriching and pleasant!

Kind regards,
MidNight

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  17:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Targondigeta, to these great walls of Candlekeep. If you have any questions, post them on the Forums and a fellow scribe or I will be glad to answer.

Edited by - Drummer Boy on 11 Mar 2003 14:28:46
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  22:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Welcome to Candlekeep, Targon... (hope that doesnt offend )

Hope you find much knowledge in the library and have valuable lore to share

I let few call me by that name. But you did not know so I am not offended badly. And thank you all for the kind welcomes to this bountiful hall of lore.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  04:18:48  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh...it seems things have returned to normal as I am late to great a newcomer yet again...

Welcome and well met Targondigeta Fendrahido

I hope you find what you seek, and if you require assistance in your search you may call upon any of the scribes of Candlekeep for aid.

Safe Travels

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  13:04:23  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

Ahh...it seems things have returned to normal as I am late to great a newcomer yet again...

Welcome and well met Targondigeta Fendrahido

I hope you find what you seek, and if you require assistance in your search you may call upon any of the scribes of Candlekeep for aid.

Safe Travels

Yes things are back to normal!!!

Targon, you'll notice that Artalis is ALWAYS late when a newbie introduce himself!!!

and well, yes i know i welcome you after him, but that's quite rare

Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  20:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Targondigeta!
I hope you'll enjoy your stay in this extraordinary library

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  17:50:53  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avaly

Welcome! This my first real welcome of a new person on this board, since I am only week old myself. However, I have found this place quite warm and wonderful.....of course beware of the smooth talkers...(/giggles at Mumadar)

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar

Ahum... there goes my (percieved) reputation as a serious scholar...

Anyways, welcome and well met, may you find peace and knowledge within these walls friend.

Ah, and don't wander into the cellars, ever since the Candlekeep Inn opened, Alaundo fiercely defends his domain now...
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  20:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
[Ahum... there goes my (percieved) reputation as a serious scholar...

Anyways, welcome and well met, may you find peace and knowledge within these walls friend.

Ah, and don't wander into the cellars, ever since the Candlekeep Inn opened, Alaundo fiercely defends his domain now...

/giggles wildly See he didn't deny it...
/runs away quickly before Mumadar can hit her with something

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2003 :  19:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted By: Alexis Merlin

Greetings Targondigeta!....(Dare I say it...have I been here long enough to
earn the right to greet a newbie in this fashion)...Welcome to these walls of
infinite knowledge!(with apologies to Salius )

As you will have heard from Sadon no doubt, this place is one of the most
welcoming and knowledgeable in FR Lore on the Net.

Hope you enjoy your stay,

Alex

It's quite alright, but I think I'll go ahead and say it anyways.

Welcome, Targondigeta Fendrahido, to these halls of infinite knowledge.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000