Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sschindylryn info?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  13:36:24  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Apart from the brief write-up in the City of the Spider Queen Web Enhancement, does anyone know where I might find information about this drow city directly under Cormyr? I'm looking to use it as deeeep background for something, and more details would be appreciated (especially 'feel' details, as there would be older characters reminiscing about the place semi-fondly....)

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  14:35:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's largely undetailed. Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark contains lore on Sschindylryn's Gate... but that relates more to a location nine days out from Menzoberranzan.

Interestingly, in Eric's first draft of DDGttU, he intended Sschindylryn's Gate to lead to the drow city of Erelhei Cinlu on Oerth - creating an FR/GH crossover. This was in response to the fact that there was a listing of several Greyhawk drow cities and noble houses in Ed's Drow of the Underdark. This attempt to fix a Realmslore contradiction however didn't get through the editing process.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Mar 2006 14:36:53
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  14:46:20  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can try the Underdark book.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  14:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Nothing in there; I've just checked.

You might want to try asking Eric Boyd if he has any more information.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  14:56:49  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found this in a Yahoo search: http://orion.zztong.com/~zztong/ddsource/chapter01/sschindylryn.html

Is this of any help??

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  15:06:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, Sschindylryn hasn't received significant detailing in the Realmslore.

Having said that... I second the motion for asking Eric about what he can possibly share about this locale.

Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  16:52:38  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is sschindylryn the place where danifae goes to for a while to break the battlecaptive enchantment?

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  16:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

is sschindylryn the place where danifae goes to for a while to break the battlecaptive enchantment?

I believe that was Sshamath, which is far more detailed(DDGttU being the best source.)
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  20:28:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

I believe that was Sshamath, which is far more detailed(DDGttU being the best source.)

There is a scene in Sschindylryn where the rogue character (V... blanking on the name) goes briefly. I think it was book 4 or so.

Other than that it's really just the write-up in DDGttU (and the original mention of the gate in the Menzo boxed set).

As for why I put the city under Cormyr in DDGttU ... look at the write-up of the Plungepool in VGtC.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  20:41:02  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I posted a link that tells about Plungepool and the Drow city in question. Has anyone even looked at it??

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  22:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a cool link Drakul. Very helpful, thank you. I am also running a Suzail campaign currently and this thread is giving me several ideas on how to work Sschindylryn into an upcoming adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  10:31:36  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx, Gray. BTW, who is the Patron Deity in the city in question??

Go to Top of Page

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  13:43:49  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanx, Gray. BTW, who is the Patron Deity in the city in question??

'Twould seem to be Lolth. The WE describes how the Silence (1372DR) led to a sharp upswing in assassinations of priestesses, partly in the hope of 'appeasing' the Spider Queen after 'offending' her with their lack of in-fighting... and with the number of priestesses shrinking rapidly, their former responsibilities are increasingly falling into the hands of males, to the point where the females only think they're still the ones in control....

I'd like to "ditto" the thanks for the link, drakul - enough *there* to jazz with, certainly.

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  18:13:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Interestingly, in Eric's first draft of DDGttU, he intended Sschindylryn's Gate to lead to the drow city of Erelhei Cinlu on Oerth - creating an FR/GH crossover. This was in response to the fact that there was a listing of several Greyhawk drow cities and noble houses in Ed's Drow of the Underdark. This attempt to fix a Realmslore contradiction however didn't get through the editing process.

'Tis an interesing bit of info... Might I ask where it came from?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  01:30:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

'Tis an interesing bit of info... Might I ask where it came from?

As I recall... Krash told me .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000