Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Lady Penitent
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  05:07:43  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just picked up Vanity's Brood and inside it advertises that Lisa's got a gig on another Trilogy called The Lady Penitent. The Titles being:
Book one: Sacrifice of the Widow (Feb. 2007)
Book two: Game of the Ancients (Sept. 2007)
Book three: Ascendancy of the Last (June 2008)
Very Exciting I can hardly wait!!!!

May Tymora smile upon ye

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  06:44:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might also want to check Lisa's scroll here at Candlekeep for further details she's released about the trilogy itself.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Mar 2006 06:47:04
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  08:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahhh, many thanks, darkcrow. Whilst we knew the name of the trilogy and first book, it's nice to find out the remaining too titles nad release dates

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  00:22:48  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Lolth won't come out on top this time...
Go to Top of Page

silverwizard
Seeker

Greece
76 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  09:56:12  Show Profile  Visit silverwizard's Homepage Send silverwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

Hopefully Lolth won't come out on top this time...

LOL! That was a good one!
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  16:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also noticed the ad for the new trilogy. I am quite enthusiastic about it because I really have enjoyed Lisa's work. In the last couple of months I have read her Sembia work, The House of Serpernts trilogy, war of the spider queen, and her story in Realms of Elves. I also enjoyed the War of the Spider Queen series, unlike most others, so I am looking forward to the Lady Penitent. I even mentioned in another thread one of my favorite parts was when Lloth punished Halistraa. But anyways I am rambling, I just ment to say I was excited is all.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  18:37:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if some of you know, but Lisa also used to write for the old FASA Shadowrun series of novels. :) I, of course, knew her from them before she started writing in FR.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  18:51:07  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm not sure if some of you know, but Lisa also used to write for the old FASA Shadowrun series of novels. :) I, of course, knew her from them before she started writing in FR.

That`s right. The Shadowrun novels are another must have
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  20:13:22  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of Shadowrun. Is it s WotC/TSR product like Darksun, Greyhawk, ravenloft, etc or a completely different animal altogether?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  20:37:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

I have never heard of Shadowrun. Is it s WotC/TSR product like Darksun, Greyhawk, ravenloft, etc or a completely different animal altogether?

It's a completely different system. It was put out by FASA; I'm not sure who has it now (FanPro?). Basically, it was a mixture of cyberpunk and urban fantasy (oppressive near-future where megacorporations rule and people plug their brains into computers, mixed with magic, elves, dwarves, and that kinda stuff).

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  20:55:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's a completely different system. It was put out by FASA; I'm not sure who has it now (FanPro?). Basically, it was a mixture of cyberpunk and urban fantasy (oppressive near-future where megacorporations rule and people plug their brains into computers, mixed with magic, elves, dwarves, and that kinda stuff).

Yes, Fanpro and they started to put novels out again, Yay!

But yeah it's like Wooly said. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  00:32:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's a completely different system. It was put out by FASA; I'm not sure who has it now (FanPro?).
FanPro, aye.

But I'm surprised you didn't already know this... the details regarding FanPro's re-start of the Shadowrun line of novels occured around the same time the new Classic BattleTech novel line was announced.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  00:34:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you've picked up any of the more recent d20 Future supplements from WotC, you'll have a fair idea of what Shadowrun is like (in its current 4e, rather than my more favorite interpretation of the game in 3e).

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  02:11:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

It's a completely different system. It was put out by FASA; I'm not sure who has it now (FanPro?).
FanPro, aye.

But I'm surprised you didn't already know this... the details regarding FanPro's re-start of the Shadowrun line of novels occured around the same time the new Classic BattleTech novel line was announced.

I've got a few of the original novels, and the two new ones (which I've not read yet), and that's about it... I've never really followed this line too closely, mainly because my funding was exceedingly limited when it was running.

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  03:23:08  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sounds interesting but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Is it the type of fantasy, like in final fantasy sometimes, where one guy will wield a sword and someone else will be using a gun. Or maybe you use swords but have to fight robots and such?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  03:51:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds interesting but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Is it the type of fantasy, like in final fantasy sometimes, where one guy will wield a sword and someone else will be using a gun. Or maybe you use swords but have to fight robots and such?

Nope. The urban fantasy sub-genre is when you have the modern world, exactly as you know it, but with some fantasy elements thrown in on top of that.

In the case of Shadowrun, you have elves, dwarves, dragons, and magic. But, even if they are using magic, they're also using the same technology everyone else is. So the elf mage will also be packing a machine gun and riding a motorcycle, the dwarf will be so cybered-up you wonder how much of his original body is left, and the dragon has used his magic to become chairman of a large megacorporation.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  04:52:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back on topic we go... back on topic we go... .

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  05:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies Sage, that was my fault.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000