Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Miltiades
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  17:31:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Copying this over here, so more people will see it and be able to offer assistance...

quote:
Originally posted by ethelbert

By the way, I'd like to know if there's any lore about the knight Miltiades, who appears in the Phlan Heroes trilogy (FR, book 7 to 9).

Thanks for your help.
May the bless of Mystra light upon you !

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  17:32:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that he's only appear in the one novel, which I myself have avoided reading, since I didn't like the first two all that much. Perhaps someone more familiar with the trilogy can chime in?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  21:17:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heroes Lorebook should have some info.

He also appeared in the Double Diamond Novelettes, but those aren't canon according to WOTC. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  00:18:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Heroes Lorebook should have some info.
Aye... Miltiades is detailed in the entry for Tarl Desanea.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  04:47:13  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want a stone horse! . I think Miltiades's story is a very good one, within the trilogy as a whole. Scererar ponders for a moment, does he re-read the pools trilogy, or go out a purchase the son of thunder book club of the month novel.

Edited by - scererar on 20 Jan 2006 04:50:40
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  10:32:30  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Son of Thunder, definately. You won't be disappointed. Very good book, and a lot of cool Realmslore within it.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  15:58:19  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is in the Double Diamond Saga books, I have no idea about short stories. And he was in the last Heroes Lorebook as noted above, think you have to search for him...he wasn't listed in the ToC and he was not given a full description. I think it is time for me to reread all of my novels again.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO

Edited by - Bakra on 20 Jan 2006 16:00:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000