Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Moon Order ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  18:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings

I thought I came across a small reference to this organization somewhere. Can anyone tell me what is the New Moon Order, and where can I find more info on it? Is this a cannon group in realms lore?

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  20:13:53  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Despite the invention of smokepowder, I doubt there are any cannon-groups in the Realms yet

And the only place I can remember the New Moon Order being mentioned is the novel Mistress of the Night by Don Bassingthwaite and Dave Gross (unless I've mixed up my Selūnite sects, of course).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2006 :  21:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

Perhaps I am confused could it have been the New Moon Pact I was thinking of. Im sure i saw this in some RPG material somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  01:44:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Despite the invention of smokepowder, I doubt there are any cannon-groups in the Realms yet

And the only place I can remember the New Moon Order being mentioned is the novel Mistress of the Night by Don Bassingthwaite and Dave Gross (unless I've mixed up my Selūnite sects, of course).

The NMP (before the chaos of the Heresy -- also detailed in the novel) was an ancient order of priests and warriors who acted in Selune's service throughout much of the north and west of the Realms. They were never large, but they were an old group. They gained signiicant power and wealth through the years, while basically answering to no temple or clerical hierarchy. It is said the the NMP handled the "dark deeds" for the church... deeds that were never spoken of in the open. They were defenders and avengers working against the interests of larger temples. They embraced werewolves and lycanthropes of all knds. Because of this, the rest of the church feared the order.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  13:51:01  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeeting

Ten thousand thanks sage your lore is vary much as I suspected and vary useful this will help me a great deal with my waterdeep campaign.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2006 :  14:13:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ten thousand thanks...!

Oh gees... You're making me blush .

You're welcome BTW... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  21:41:51  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

You might find a small amount of text on this group in an upcoming product.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000