Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dont rip me but howbout an FR game/reality show
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  10:10:49  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It seems like just any ridiculous concept can land a spot on the tube as long as it’s a "reality show". I need not give any examples. You know what I’m talking about. So why not have FR authors as guess DMs and have a role-playing reality shows where the contestants are the PCs in an RPG.

Here is the simple pitch.
You get a host that ease drops on a few role-playing session highlighting the major events and while speeding through the minor stuff.

Each gold piece is a dollar and if your character lives you make it to the next episode. Characters that are levels 4-8 join another session, 8-14 join another until they die or are temporally retired and brought back for special high level shows. Contestants will always have the option to sell all items and quit unless they have an agreement with their companions in which case they must share some of what they sell. Add some PC killing rules and you have a nasty reality show to go with the gameshow.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  10:51:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I much prefer my idea

Survivor: Furys Heart

You take 12 greedy wannabe millionaires and you push them through a gate Talos, Aurils, Malars and Umberlees Homeplane. In 3 months you check back if anyones still alive then they get the Million bucks

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  14:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three Month?S LOL. Try three hours ;)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  15:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Survivor Evermeet.

10 randomly chosen Good Drow (they're all over the place these days) get placed on Evermeet. Not only do they have to vote off one person per episode, they have to contend with being Drow Elves and living on Evermeet.
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  19:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good that you're thinking of ways to increase the proliferation of the Realms and D&D in general, but knowing TV they'll probably capitalize on gamer stereotypes and get the geekiest, nastiest nerds they can. Most of whom are probably putting up an act in front of the camera anyway.

Though if we're going to play around with this, how about:

Pantheonic Blind Dating - Clerics and Priests of each faith are randomly assigned on dates. A Banite and a Priestess of Cyric on a quiet outing to Zhentil Keep? Druid of Eldath and a believer of Tempus taking a walk along Silverymoon's markets?
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  03:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archwizard

Pantheonic Blind Dating - Clerics and Priests of each faith are randomly assigned on dates. A Banite and a Priestess of Cyric on a quiet outing to Zhentil Keep? Druid of Eldath and a believer of Tempus taking a walk along Silverymoon's markets?

Interesting, why not a cleric of "good" religions and a cleric of the "bad" religions such as a cleric of Mystra and Shar walking the streets of Waterdeep hand in hand and with open smiles to any who see them.

Ahem, well...here's another idea: Well, using Survivor style and Temptation style, two fairly large sized opposing groups(opposing each other) comprised of anybody(just imagine who hate who to the core) and get them on any island on Faerun such as Chult jungles or the Underdark, and then see if they can work together to achieve the objectives or would they succumb to the temptation to kill each other just because the sight of their enemies irritates them. Well, the rules...not properly thought yet but will think about it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  01:06:40  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah, just film half-a-dozen poor fools accompanying Elminster on his 'rounds' for a day. The survivor wins a month-long visit to the healer of his choice. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  14:42:14  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say one of the best shows you could do is a Realmsian Idol. That way the masses would get a chance to feel like their voting counts when it doesn't.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  14:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about "The Real World: Menzoberranzan" ?
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  02:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archwizard

It's good that you're thinking of ways to increase the proliferation of the Realms and D&D in general, but knowing TV they'll probably capitalize on gamer stereotypes and get the geekiest, nastiest nerds they can. Most of whom are probably putting up an act in front of the camera anyway.

You know that kinda remindes me of that new show with the babes and the geeks.

I like the idea of opposing groups. They could send each other messages and try to bribe for traitors
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000