Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings and hopefully no solicitors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  12:11:18  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is me, MuadDib (figured all the good Forgotten Realms names would be taken) asking permnission to join the fireside here at Candlekeep.

Hope im not making a faux pas by starting a new thread, please let me know if i am.

I just want to say im so glad i finally found an active forum for the Forgotten Realms. Not that i have had that much time to look, but the rat race leaves us little time for other things..

Just wanted to say hi and extend the gloved hand of friendship to all.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  12:15:23  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum MuadDib,

Hope you'll find lore and fun within these walls... (no I'll let someone else finsh the saying)...

Soon you'll not only find the library with all its scrolls of knowldege here, but also one of Faerun's finest inns... that is when Winthrop shows his head to open the doors...

Enjoy ye'r stay
Go to Top of Page

Elminster
Acolyte

South Africa
9 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  13:22:51  Show Profile  Visit Elminster's Homepage Send Elminster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about this people...

I thought for sure that this nick would be taken when i registered as MuadDib since one can't access the members list if one is not registered.

I found that it isn't, which is wonderful. This means, however, that i will no longer be posting as MuadDib, but rather as Elminster.

Sorry about all that...promise to be better from now on...

Enter no conflict against no fanatics unless you can defuse them. Oppose a religion with another religion only if your proofs (miracles) are irrefutable or if you can mesh in a way that the fanatics accept you as God-inspired. This has long been the barrier to science assuming a mantle of divine revelation. Science is so obviously man-made. Fanatics (and many are fanatic about one thing or another) must know where you stand, but more importantly, must recognise who whispers in your ear.
*Missionera Protectiva - Primray Teaching
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  13:24:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome MuadDib

Strange name, whats the origin? Is it a Realms personality?

Anyway, pull up a seat and feast your eyes on the numerous tomes we have here in the library..... theres much to learn

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  13:26:16  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh, bad timing on my last post

Welcome then Elminster
However, my last question still stands on the origin of MuadDib

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  14:55:51  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC MuadDib was the name of Paul Atraides (sp) in Dune. He chose the name MuadDib for himsef (I think it was after a kind of mouse, but I could be wrong). His given name by the people of Dune was Oosul (sp) which means "Pillar of Strength".

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  15:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forums, Elminster/MuadDib. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these wall of...(I'll let someone else finish it this time as well)
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  15:57:53  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Elminster. Enjoy your stay.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elminster!!
Stay wuth us as long as you can, great mage

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  22:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465

Welcome to the Forums, Elminster/MuadDib. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these wall of...(I'll let someone else finish it this time as well)

... invisible wisdom?

Welcome, and no, this is the right place to start such a thread.

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  00:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... invisible wisdom?

Yay! My turn.

Welcome, Elminster, to these walls of infinite knowledge. I hope you find your stay with us comforting.

P.S. Thanks for waiting on me drummerboy465, I haven't been active for awhile.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  02:45:13  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I give my sincerest of welcomes to you, MuadDib. I suggest posting in the Forgotten Realms versus Lord of the Rings. It is really funny in there. I am kindof new my self. I only have like 13 posts or something. I am sure everyone here will make you feel welcome?

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  05:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salius_Kai

quote:
quote:

... invisible wisdom?

Yay! My turn.

Welcome, Elminster, to these walls of infinite knowledge. I hope you find your stay with us comforting.

P.S. Thanks for waiting on me drummerboy465, I haven't been active for awhile.

You're welcome, Salius Kai. You should thank Mumadar, too, since he also let you finish the phrase.

Edited by - Drummer Boy on 18 Feb 2003 05:18:57
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  09:05:40  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as usual, I'm late to the world! Welcome, bothof you (E and Jason)

Enjoy your stay!

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  19:54:25  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally ppsted by Drummer Boy
You're welcome, Salius Kai. You should thank Mumadar, too, since he also let you finish the phrase.

Sorry, didn't see that one. Thank you, as well, Mumadar.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  20:42:09  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elminster

Artalis, It's Paul Atreides (at least in French)
Go to Top of Page

Elminster
Acolyte

South Africa
9 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  06:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Elminster's Homepage Send Elminster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul Atreides who then became Paul Muad'Dib is a character from Frank Herbert's acclaimed Scien Fiction series "Dune"

He is the son of a duke who is betrayed and killed and (the duke that is) and later takes control of a band of religious fantatics called Fremen.

His tribe name was Usul, which means base of the pillar. In the novel the word Muad'Dib is the name given the Desert mouse shape on the planet arrakis' second moon.

Hope that helps

P.S. My signature is also from there

Enter no conflict against no fanatics unless you can defuse them. Oppose a religion with another religion only if your proofs (miracles) are irrefutable or if you can mesh in a way that the fanatics accept you as God-inspired. This has long been the barrier to science assuming a mantle of divine revelation. Science is so obviously man-made. Fanatics (and many are fanatic about one thing or another) must know where you stand, but more importantly, must recognise who whispers in your ear.
*Missionera Protectiva - Primray Teaching
Go to Top of Page

Creataceous
Acolyte

New Zealand
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  19:04:09  Show Profile  Visit Creataceous's Homepage Send Creataceous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Say Elminster, that's a pretty big pair of shoes I see you warming by the fire. Hope you enjoy your times here and that we can help you with anything you need.
Cheers,

Creature
--------
Age does not always progenate experience, which does not always birth wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  19:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Paul Atreidas Muad'Dib

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000