Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Raising a toast for the deserving!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  21:22:06  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
May I say, Alaundo.....

Suddenly inspired by the up-and-coming opening of the inn...methinks I have something to say....

It is with no hesitation that I wholeheartedly take this opportunity to thank the folk of Candlekeep for keeping the site the wondrous place it's always been...as well as for keeping the price of admission low - no more than a promise to be classy and a good story every now and then.....

(lifts a mug)

As a resident bard of Candlekeep, may I propose that we all raise a glass to Alaundo and his cohorts for giving us vagabonds a place to stay, shelter from the cold and a warm song to sing!

CHEERS!

Edited by - Alaundo on 17 Feb 2003 15:13:39

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  21:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Raises her glass towards the eminent greybeard, nodding.
The warmth in her eyes seems to heat the room when she says: "Couldn't agree more"

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)

Edited by - Frey on 16 Feb 2003 21:32:48
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  21:46:37  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off course!

As we say in France: Tchin, Bravo Alundo!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  22:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met and thank you ArionElenim

In fact, thank you all...for Candlekeep would be nothing but a mere empty shell if it were not for the great people who frequent this place and who have contributed to the site in the past.

On behalf of the Head Scribes and Webmasters of Candlekeep, who I know will appreciate your kind words, I thank you for keeping this place alive..... it is you - the visitors, the scribes, that make keeping this site active and a worthwhile pleasure

Hope to see you in the Inn ArionElenim, maybe you can play us a soothing tune on your lute

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 16 Feb 2003 22:03:09
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  22:06:08  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[There's no smilie crying]
What lovely words... I'm touched (i'm not sure it has the same meaning as in French)
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  22:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the first time Ranaghar felt that he wasn't treated, just like a deadly machine, but like a friend of people and elves. Here, in Candlekeep, he could even eat and drink with others. It was impossible anywhere else. Well...maybe in Silverymoon.
"I found my place" thought he. He took his jug, stood up and said:
"As you know I came here just a month ago. I was surprised when I was warmly greeted. I think my wishes came true. That's because of you, Great Sage...
::bows::
...and because of you, fellow scribes. I hope our friendship will be eternal and we will spend many hours talking, and talking in this magnificent inn. CHEERS!!!

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."

Edited by - Ranaghar Tsaran on 16 Feb 2003 22:25:12
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  00:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I raise my glass to Alaundo in thanks for the great things he and his fellows have done for us in these great walls of Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  02:38:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Raises a glass of a non-alcoholic beverage]

To Candlekeep, to its scribes. A place of knowledge, of joy, of learning. Shelter from the cold of reality, and home to a family who welcomes all -- even certain scribes who talk a lot. (*ahem*)

May these walls stand for an age, and none that enter them leave without becoming more for the experience.

To Candlekeep!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 17 Feb 2003 03:06:33
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  04:57:52  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
**raises a great ivory flagon of ale in salute**

Though I've said something like it before, I will not hesitate to say it again.

Thank you Alaundo, Rad, Jay and whoever else there may be whom I might have missed. I hope we do not abuse the kindnesses and gifts you give us.Your labors give us happiness and warmth.

I can honestly say that at least one of the friendships I have forged here will be with me till the end of my days.

Thank you

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  10:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Thank you once again everyone

quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
Thank you Alaundo, Rad, Jay and whoever else there may be whom I might have missed. I hope we do not abuse the kindnesses and gifts you give us.Your labors give us happiness and warmth.

One scribe that you didnt mention Artalis, is one who works frantically on the site behind the scenes helping with many of the updates and working constantly on formatting the fan-submitted material..... Tethtoril. If I had a hat, id take it off to him

Im sure he will be able to spare a moment from his work to join us all in the Inn soon though

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  12:22:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear, hear... (or some other grumbling sound UK parlement seems to make when they agree on something)

Don't show too much false modesty Alaundo, you and the others behind the Candlekeep website and the forum have done a tremendous job in bringing part of Faerun to life on the internet.

The fact that some of the learned scribes of WotC visit the site from time to time could not be a greater compliment. Well, except maybe a visit from Elminster himself...

Let's only fill the mugs once now, as not to spill to much wine and beer over the scrolls, and refill them again when Winthrop has opened the doors to the Candlekeep Inn.

Cheers

ps: zemd, I believe the french and the english expression mean the same
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  16:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed you are only deserving of what praise you have recieved here, ye caretakers of Candlekeep. And let me add to that: I have been on a lot of different forum during the last couple of years but this is by far the best.

To Candlekeep *raises a glass of wine*

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:38:26  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
One scribe that you didnt mention Artalis, is one who works frantically on the site behind the scenes helping with many of the updates and working constantly on formatting the fan-submitted material..... Tethtoril. If I had a hat, id take it off to him

Greetings

You're too kind Alaundo (maybe hes trying to get a round of drinks out of me when the Candlekeep Inn opens up )

However I do do a lot of the work on the site, especially in the Hall of Heroes and Campaign Logs section. Although Im down as a Moderator on these forums I only really manage the Fellaren-Krae section which is very quiet anyway

See you all in the Inn soon enough

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Edited by - Tethtoril on 17 Feb 2003 18:38:57
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:47:45  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is the first post of yours I can recall, Tethtoril and I have been here since November. Of course, I may just as well be me not paying enough attention.

I have had a look at the Campaign Logs a few times and judging by the size of only the Silver Marshes, they seem quite time consuming to add.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  19:54:24  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

quote:
Originally posted by Echon
That is the first post of yours I can recall, Tethtoril and I have been here since November. Of course, I may just as well be me not paying enough attention.

My posts are quite few Echon. I tend to have little time to participate in the discussions on the fourm due to other numerous tasks required at Candlekeep. I am however available in my moderated forums but spend more time working on the site and with other scribes.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Go to Top of Page

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  03:33:53  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*holds up cup of tea* i give thanks to all who work hard on Candlekeep and on the Forum. this place is the greatest place i`ve been too. THANK YOU!!!!

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity

Edited by - Lost Elph on 18 Feb 2003 04:00:14
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  03:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*holds up a glass of fruit punch* Yes thanks to everyone who has worked on Candlekeep. You guys have made this site the best! Please keep up the good work.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  09:21:57  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Raises a paper weight, relizes what it is, drops it, and picks up his mug*
To the people who keep this site running becuase the gods know I can't!

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  16:26:41  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My most heartfelt apologies to Tethtoril for overlooking your prodigious contributions to Candlekeep.

Ignorance is my only defese..I hope you will forgive me.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000